Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of going Nano....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 04:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of going Nano....

I have been looking into the Nano Assist kits really hard lately. This past weekend at the track, I was working on dialing in my tune with the 78n 48f and ran out of spray on my 4th pass. At 40-50 bucks a pop it'd be nice to extend the use of a single bottle and be more consistent on my runs. I see alot of advertisement for the Nano but I have yet to see someone myself utilize the system. Just looking for a little "real world" feedback from the guys who are running the Nano....pros and cons.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It'll be nice at the track but on hot days plan on carrying around plenty of ice packs with you to cool the bottle down. I sold mine cause i couldnt deal with it getting overpressurized when it was 80 degrees or warmer.

Not to mention you now have two bottles to fill, at two different places. And I couldnt find anywhere local to fill mine.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:18 AM
10 Second Club

one thing i never noticed till i called a different than normal place to get mine filled is that the bottles have a date on them they asked what mine was and i looked and it said 2008. they then told me that after five years, the bottle expires and they cant fill it anymore. id like to know what the hell i do when it expires. will nano give me a new bottle? im doughting they will
Old 05-10-2012, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

With it being 80-100* on the regular in Dallas....would this setup only be benificial in the winter?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 402GOAT
one thing i never noticed till i called a different than normal place to get mine filled is that the bottles have a date on them they asked what mine was and i looked and it said 2008. they then told me that after five years, the bottle expires and they cant fill it anymore. id like to know what the hell i do when it expires. will nano give me a new bottle? im doughting they will

You can get it re-certified. Nitrous and nano bottle both have dates on them. You can get them re-certified at welding supply stores or fire extinguisher stores.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...ning-nano.html
Old 05-10-2012, 10:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet
You can get it re-certified. Nitrous and nano bottle both have dates on them. You can get them re-certified at welding supply stores or fire extinguisher stores.
that is a relief to know. do they pressure test them i guess? after the fill place told me they can expire i got worried.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Scott. I completely missed that thread. I was so blinded by the "Check out this plug" thread I didn't see anything else. What about them over pressurizing the system 80+ degrees out?
Old 05-10-2012, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by lncboytre_d
Thanks Scott. I completely missed that thread. I was so blinded by the "Check out this plug" thread I didn't see anything else. What about them over pressurizing the system 80+ degrees out?
If they are in the back window of an f-body with sun shining on the nitrous bottle it will get hot. Above 87 degrees is when it basically cancels Nano output pressure and goes off the nitrous pressure as if you have a heater on it. So you will need to cool it. It has always been simple enough for most people in this situation to keep it in the shade, chiller bag, or a baggy of ice on it.

We also have a temp label on the bottle for reference if you do not have a pressure gauge.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 402GOAT
that is a relief to know. do they pressure test them i guess? after the fill place told me they can expire i got worried.
Yes the bottles are hydrotested. Most people send them to us. It is $24+shipping to have them hydrotested. While the bottle is being tested we go through the regulator for and inspect + replace o-rings for you.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:55 PM
FormerVendor

Also, if you live in a hot environment we are glad to lower the regulated pressure down to what suits you best. We can lower before we ship it to you or you can return to us to lower the pressure.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brad@NANO Direct
Yes the bottles are hydrotested. Most people send them to us. It is $24+shipping to have them hydrotested. While the bottle is being tested we go through the regulator for and inspect + replace o-rings for you.
awesome guys!! its good to know there is still something called customer service out there
Old 05-12-2012, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

I like my nano setup, but as said before if it's hot weather you will have to cool your n2o bottle.

Quick Reply: Thinking of going Nano....