Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I 've got a new ADDICTION

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 03:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I 've got a new ADDICTION

well finally got my tnt kit done with the 100 shot jets installed. DAMN nitrous is bad ***!!!!! i love it, my only problem is i seem to have a small problem with surging. I am new to nitrous so i did searches on this and i have come to the conclusion i do not have enought bottle pressure. i do not run a heater yet bc i am poor..going to ebay my xm tuner and antenna and buy one though.. i had my bottle filled up and it only read about 700 psi?wtf?? isnt this waay to low even without a heater,did they shaft me or something? even with the surging at higer rpm it still kicks ***. im gonna go to the dyno soon and have my buddy watch my rail to see what kind of psi the walbro's putting out during my run and try to rule out the fpss as the culprit.
Luvin the juice,
matt
Old 03-30-2004, 04:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a heater from www.dynotune.org they kick ***. Your surging because you don't have enough bottle pressure. Its typical. The fluttering is probley the car going from stoich to rich in quick cycles. Get an automatic bottle heater. Til then, you will not get the full effects of nitrous, and it will be a nightmare to tune.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks fast ss, i'm gonna buy one. quick question i see you have tnt, my friend broke my "y" nozzle that screws into the power ring. i went to my speed shop and they sold me a nitrous works nozzle; said it should work the same..you think this is ok? I sprayed with it and it seemed cool,minus the surging,,just didnt know if the tnt nozzles were "special" or anything. Just know that i tried to call tnt for 2 days and left messages and emails..nothing their customer service suks a big baboon slong. thats why i just hung my head and bought the immitation. would have loved to get a tnt and may still do it if i can ever get ahold of the bastards. any past experience on this type of thing? i used the tnt jets though so no swapping there..just the new "y" i gold doesnt match my silver one and its shorter but still sticks out enough in the tb..oh well
Old 03-30-2004, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think it would be okay. But to be safe, you should maybe order up a new fogger from TNT. I have always been leary of mixing nitrous parts. But, I'm hardly an expert. This is only the second car I have run juice on, and the first car that had nitrous and fuel injection.
I changing to a direct port kit anyway. More power (insert grunt)!