Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please tell me what i have and what i need

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please tell me what i have and what i need

Little back ground, I bought the car 6 months ago (or longer) but i was overseas, I'm home for a while and I was checking the car out and I don't know anything about Nitrous Oxide. So Im adding some pics for some help to tell me what I have and what would you change. The car looks like he got it on fire so I will not use the NO until every thing is upgraded or I will just pull it out and sell. This is what he told me about the kit, its "tnt nitrous system set up for 150 shot nx remote bottle opener and power ring".

Don't mind the dirt its been in the garage sleeping lol.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Well looking at your sig, looks like that is on a 6.0 iron block with stock internals. A 150 shot is fine as long as the car is tuned for it. Where was this fire he had with the car?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

car is tuned for the NO but i need to know if the TNT kit is old or do i need to upgrade the kit to make sure the fire doesn't happen again, and the fire was in the front of the car, looks like it backed fired out of the K&N filter? I don't see TNT selling NO kits any more that's why i asked do i need to at least replace the solenoid's or the power ring to a MAF ring? I know I will be redoing the wiring because that could be the cause of the fire, he had wires everywhere but before i do anything i need to know it is worth upgrading or fixing.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Do you plan on spraying at the track or on the street? I would get a progressive controller of some sort either way. The kit itself looks fine in my opinion. It is up to you as to replacing it or rewiring what you have. Depends if you have the money. There are better kits out there, just depends on what you want to do with your car.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

i want to spray on the street and track, so you think if i clean up the kit and fix my wiring it should be good ( as far as the kit it self) and what would make the car catch fire from the front with Nitrous Oxide. Like i said i don't know anything about this kit i'm a N/A type of person.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 PM
11 Second Club

Are you sure it was the nitrous that caused the fire? It could have been a backfire or a whole bunch of other things. Where in the front end was the fire? Was it just a small fire or did it need body work to fix the car?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

just a small fire did not hurt anything just discolored the hood and i dont know it was the Nitrous Oxide just assumed it was. i guess im going to do some reading to learn the system and give it a try to see what happens.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Re-wire it so you know what the work that is done to your car is correct or at least the end result is determined by what you did not hoping it doesn't happen again with the prev. owners old wiring. I personally wouldn't trust the wiring, but if it was truly a back fire it would of been fuel puddled in the intake that caused it or trying to activate the nitrous at too low a rpm.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Re-wire it so you know what the work that is done to your car is correct or at least the end result is determined by what you did not hoping it doesn't happen again with the prev. owners old wiring. I personally wouldn't trust the wiring, but if it was truly a back fire it would of been fuel puddled in the intake that caused it or trying to activate the nitrous at too low a rpm.
yea he did not tell me about the problem so i have to fix from here, thanks for all the help will be trying to rewire it. it does have a WOT switch on the TB so i dont know how he could activate at low speed but its not like i know how the system works anyway lol.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Does it have a window switch?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

nope and can you tell me whats it used for?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:50 PM
10 Second Club

A window switch activates your nitrous within a set "window" say from 3500rpm's to 6500rpm's you'll have your nitrous on and flowing for that rpm window. Anywhere outside of that window the nitrous will not flow.

When the throttle goes WOT 100% the WOT switch sends signal to the window switch that the throttle is wide open and when your low side rpm window setting (say 3500rpm) is met at wide open throttle the nitrous kicks on and off again at 6500rpm or if you shift it before 6500rpm it will stay on through the shift unless it's a clutch car with a manual then it would turn off during the shift if it was wired properly through the clutch pedal switch.

If you don't have a window switch then as soon as you floor the car the nitrous is going to kick on. If you activate the nitrous at too low of a rpm it will allow fuel to puddle in the intake as it isn't atomized properly at that low of a rpm and it will cause a back fire out the intake manifold which is probably what caused the fire previously.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 AM
TECH Resident

Makes sense, well that im sure what happen. Can you recommend a window switch to buy or any will do?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:09 PM
9 Second Club

On a controller use the nitrous outlet controller or the Nos mini.
I would rewire the car and get someone to retune it,also swap the fuel pump out.

Quick Reply: Please tell me what i have and what i need