Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N20 Newb Timing Adj. Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 06:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question N20 Newb Timing Adj. Question

I am wondering how my timing is going to be adjusted when I am running motor only and then when I spray. Does a window switch take care of this or is this incorporated in the tune? I have a Nitrous Outlet dual stage window switch and Jeremy Formato will be tuning. Do I need a timing commander to adjust timing when Im running motor only for it to run correctly? I have a cam only setup for motor and a wet nozzle kit.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It will run correctly with nitrous timing, as 95% of people only pull timing for the nitrous in the "cells" that they only hit during WOT.

So when you are driving around normally you still have your normal timing per say, but when you go WOT it will enter the cell areas that have your timing pulled.

Now if you were to use a lingefelter timing box and two step(they are built in together) you would be able to set it to the amount of timing you want pulled on nitrous, but you can wire the trigger wire for the timing retard into the wire that powers your nitrous solenoid so that it only pulls the timing when the kit is really spraying and not when you flip the switch to arm it. This truly gives you best of both worlds so you have n/a timing until the nitrous actually flows into your motor and then it will be retarded to what you set the box to.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

You can have your tuner pull timing in the tune, but it will be pulled back all the time. Or you can get a device such as Lingenfelter Lnc-002, msd timing twister, Timing tuner etc.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Banned

Yea thats what I figured. Im just gonna buy the LPE timing commander. Thanks guys