Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions on this kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default opinions on this kit

I bought it a while back ago and was told yesterday that this kit had problems with interrupting the fuel injector. Has anyone personally used this? Also was told that tuning would be an issue. I just want to see if its worth installing or not.
The first pic is what it looks like installed, I found it doing a search.

These bottom two is the actual kit i bought.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't see why it would be any different than a direct port with the injectors 2" away?

It should have BETTER fuel atomization than a traditional direct port since the fuel and nitrous are all atomizing at one place instead of in different places in the runner. The phase change(where nitrous changes from liquid to gas) will take place in the combustion chamber and no where else. with this set-up should give you the hardest 'hit' of power than anywhere else since it hasn't had a chance to expand and change phases anywhere else until it gets to the combustion chamber.

Granted there aren't several sharp 90's stacked one after another like in your solenoids input/output and in the bottle valve itself.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
I don't see why it would be any different than a direct port with the injectors 2" away?

It should have BETTER fuel atomization than a traditional direct port since the fuel and nitrous are all atomizing at one place instead of in different places in the runner. The phase change(where nitrous changes from liquid to gas) will take place in the combustion chamber and no where else. with this set-up should give you the hardest 'hit' of power than anywhere else since it hasn't had a chance to expand and change phases anywhere else until it gets to the combustion chamber.

Granted there aren't several sharp 90's stacked one after another like in your solenoids input/output and in the bottle valve itself.
Thanks a lot! That puts me more at ease. I should have the car ready to go in about 2-3 months. Starting from scratch
Old 08-03-2012, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

JL those nitrous nozzle bungs don't plug into the intake.

They plug into a cup that the injector sits in which then the injector pokes through and into the intake.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first stage of direct port on my car is those nozzles. They work great. I had them on my FAST 90 intake and they worked great. I now have them on a Vic Jr. intake they they seal great on that intake as well. Tuning was just fine with them. You will like them, I would say use the kit for sure.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:16 AM
10 Second Club

NX really has some ingenious and inventive stuff.

Glad to hear a first hand account of using them with great results.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Was wondering the same thing because I found a couple of the NOS brand direct port under injector ones Cheap. Still wonder how they would hide under LTx corvette fuel rail covers & will they do a 300 shot easy. Not tryin to hijack your post!!! Just figured it might help get more input....
Old 08-04-2012, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

I think it's a good design it atomizes the fuel at one place.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
What intake are you using with that, reason I ask is the nos nossle kit had problems when being used on a fast intake... It would cause the injectors to leak.. Everyone I know that had one of those on an ls6 then swapped on a fast had to ditch the nossle, and out a soft plume nozzle in the bung of the fast intake...
I'll be using a victor jr intake. Elbow and 102tb.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by josh2002-ws6
My first stage of direct port on my car is those nozzles. They work great. I had them on my FAST 90 intake and they worked great. I now have them on a Vic Jr. intake they they seal great on that intake as well. Tuning was just fine with them. You will like them, I would say use the kit for sure.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Good to hear real world experience.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by warriorcustoms
Was wondering the same thing because I found a couple of the NOS brand direct port under injector ones Cheap. Still wonder how they would hide under LTx corvette fuel rail covers & will they do a 300 shot easy. Not tryin to hijack your post!!! Just figured it might help get more input....
I looked into the Noszles, but saw a few bad reveiws on them not sealing. I am not sure how they will work on a LTx tho. If you use them you will have to post something up on how well they work. I went with the NX kit because they had way better reviews and most everything I have used in the past was NX.

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
I'll be using a victor jr intake. Elbow and 102tb.
Look into switching to a top mounted 4 barrel throttle body with a speed density tune. You will get much better results.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by warriorcustoms
I've heard nothing but bad things about the noszle kit that NOS used to make. It's probably the reason why it didn't last too long.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by josh2002-ws6
Look into switching to a top mounted 4 barrel throttle body with a speed density tune. You will get much better results.
This is also an option for me. The ONLY reason I really wanted an elbow was that I bought an SS roller with a sunoco hood. I really hate it when people run huge hoods but have nothing under it to require that big thing. It just looks I might be falling into that category now though.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
This is also an option for me. The ONLY reason I really wanted an elbow was that I bought an SS roller with a sunoco hood. I really hate it when people run huge hoods but have nothing under it to require that big thing. It just looks I might be falling into that category now though.
My opinion is if you have the single plane intake, you have a reason to have that big cowl on your hood. Plus it will help run the numbers. I only see advantages.