Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous noob, looking for some insight

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous noob, looking for some insight

I have a bolt-ons m6 ws6. Long tubes/ls6 intake/lid/duals/monster stage 2/tick mc/ dyno tune and some suspension mods. I want to build a h/c/i car but thats not in the budget currently. Ive been throwing around the idea about nitrous with some of my buddies, one has sprayed his car old car a lot, but I know very little about nitrous. I figured a dry kit would be the best for me being a daily driven/ stock internal car. Im asking for some education and advise, Ive read the stickies but Id like some personal advise as well. So what is all needed to run a nitrous kit and run it as safely as possible? I have a good amount of mechanical know how so shoot me some knowledge
Old 08-04-2012, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you willing to have it re-tuned for the dry kit? Do you have upgraded injectors?

What about fuel pump?

You will likely at least need injectors and a re-tune if not a fuel pump and hot wire kit.

We offer all of those things at Tick and the nitrous kit you would need
Old 08-04-2012, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was told that if I run a dry kit before the maf sensor that the computer would automatically adjust air/fuel? Im not looking to run a massive shot. Just something small like a 50 for now. Would injectors and a retune be an absolute must?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by k_garretson23
I was told that if I run a dry kit before the maf sensor that the computer would automatically adjust air/fuel? Im not looking to run a massive shot. Just something small like a 50 for now. Would injectors and a retune be an absolute must?
If you run it before the MAF yes it will adjust.

You will need timing removed though.

You can do this with a timing tuner, through the tune itself or through a resistor modification which will still need a tune.

For a 50 shot you wouldn't need new injectors or a fuel pump.

You're going to want to jet it up soon though it's the way it goes

I can still get you what you need!

NX makes a MAF kit that actually sprays through the MAF itself and replaces the MAF housing.

You could put a nozzle in the lid if you wanted also.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the input. Im not ready for it right now probably the next month or so. Ill do some more research and figure out whats right for me and get back to you