Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Kit with stand alone fuel system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question NX Kit with stand alone fuel system?

I'm planning on running a stand alone fuel system for my NX kit. NX recommended setting the pressure at 10 psi using the following jets:
150 hp N20 62/fuel 46
175 hp N20 73/Fuel 52
200 hp N20 78/Fuel 57

I will be using a holley black pump with a regulator. The regulator only goes to 9 psi. Will this cause a problem?

Thanks
Old 04-09-2004, 01:37 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I cannot speak for the single nozzle maps, but if you called NX and that's what they told you then it's accurate. You also need the check jet for each of those so you can get the flowing fuel pressure.

The black pump works very well for 200 HP. If you are looking for 300 you need to consider a few more things, including the pump size. Of course some of that is dependent on direct port versus single nozzle.

I run a similar setup on my car. You can find the details here: http://www.derty.org/?body=Installs&content=directport

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Derty said you do need the checking jet to get the proper fuel flow for each setting. You can buy NX's pro flow gauge and it comes with everything that you need to check the fuel side of things. As for the Holley black pump, we have used them on a lot of cars and have never had any problems with them. We run a NX direct port, Holley black pump and stand alone fuel system on Tom Kempf's car (fastr-thanu) and have never had a problem. With the Holley black pump on the car he has gone as fast as 9.21. If you have any questions or if you need any pictures of this set up just let me know.

Thanks