Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some advice please...........

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some advice please...........

I have a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 with a 4.0L with an automatic trans. Im a service manager at a diesel repair shop where we give diesel engines extras horsepower. I have already installed a Superchip module into the computer, installed a cold air K & N air intake and that made a noticable difference. Since i cant afford to buy a new diesel just yet and still am wanting to try and beat them, i have to work with what i have. I am curious if a nx express single stage efi kit will work on my ranger along with the chip in the computer. Am also curious to what limits can i add to my ranger and be competitive but safe. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by gmcplus03; 04-10-2004 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your 4.0 is a gas burner your chip will need to be reprogramed for the nitrous.55 shot will be fine but i dont know what your tuner put on the chip.i had a 2001 lightning running 75 shot and it was fine anything higher will require a timing retard.most tuners advance the timing on there chips.you will have talk with the tuner or get a reburn.if you got a glow plug engine try propane.