Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOzSEL SYSTEM QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NOzSEL SYSTEM QUESTION

I'm thinking of removing the stock plastic lines and distribution blocks from the kit and running larger blocks and re-hard line the system with bigger lines. I'm thinking that this will help the flow of this system. What are your thought's on this idea guy's? Has anyone done it?

Thanks for any info!!!!
Old 04-11-2004, 04:20 PM

Hello Out There?
Old 04-11-2004, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

i've seen a few folks do this Jeff. might as well upgrade the solenoids as well..
Old 04-11-2004, 05:50 PM
8 Second Club

Yes, I know that somebody on this board did just that, I forget who it was maybe he will chime in here. I have been thinking about doing the same myself, but at this point the system is working so well for me the way it sits and I'm more concerned about getting my drivetrain up to snuff so I can actually get the car down the track without breaking it (TH400). The only benefit of the nylon line is that you can change jets easier. I know that there is a braided line that will work too...check out DERTY 's homepage...its not the noszle but I think that line could be used.

BADZ - are you still on the stock bottom end? Any details on your setup? ET's? I have made 650+ with this setup on a stock bottom end through a M6....I wonder where I will be with a TH400...
Old 04-11-2004, 07:38 PM

Default re-line

I have a forged 347ci in the car and another on the way. I have a th350 with all the goodies to withstand 900+hp and a strange 12 bolt w/33 splines so my drive train is bullet proof so to say. I was just thinking that by hardlining the system, the flow of nitrous would alot better this way. Its hard to say....Bigger is better from what I understand but in some ways...Will see..

Originally Posted by FastBlackTA
Yes, I know that somebody on this board did just that, I forget who it was maybe he will chime in here. I have been thinking about doing the same myself, but at this point the system is working so well for me the way it sits and I'm more concerned about getting my drivetrain up to snuff so I can actually get the car down the track without breaking it (TH400). The only benefit of the nylon line is that you can change jets easier. I know that there is a braided line that will work too...check out DERTY 's homepage...its not the noszle but I think that line could be used.

BADZ - are you still on the stock bottom end? Any details on your setup? ET's? I have made 650+ with this setup on a stock bottom end through a M6....I wonder where I will be with a TH400...
Old 04-12-2004, 12:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BADZ
I have a forged 347ci in the car and another on the way. I have a th350 with all the goodies to withstand 900+hp and a strange 12 bolt w/33 splines so my drive train is bullet proof so to say. I was just thinking that by hardlining the system, the flow of nitrous would alot better this way. Its hard to say....Bigger is better from what I understand but in some ways...Will see..
here is a pic of my NOS Pro Race Fogger System w/ NOSzels.... like you I didnt like the plastic lines...

If u need any info drop me a PM...

Old 04-12-2004, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

unless your going over a 300 shot why spend the extra cash? if your after looks then i understand but funcionality wise the system works as is. easily accomplished though just time consuming with bending the hard lines and making it fit around all the other BS in the area. good luck.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:07 AM
TECH Resident

So True what Chicago said...
Old 04-13-2004, 01:00 AM
8 Second Club

for the record, east side went 8.93 or something with the nylon lines
Old 04-13-2004, 01:28 AM
TECH Resident

thats bad ***... what was the rest of their car setup like though?

2800lb Race Weight 422ci Motor? would only need like a 200 shot probably.

damn 8.93... that movin and a grovin...
Old 04-13-2004, 01:35 AM
8 Second Club

I'm not sure on the details of their setup, I was just throwing it out there....I think they have hit it with 300+ through the nylon lines, but do not hold me to that.

I feel that the nylon lines work pretty well, makes it pretty easy to change jets....I have sprayed 250 no problem...will go up once I finish assembling my 427...

I hope to see 9's on my stock bottom end, need to get my drivetrain woes sorted out first though...
Old 04-13-2004, 03:02 AM
TECH Resident

i wonder how much the actual noszels can handle ... the pro race kit is good for over 600hp with the standard foggers...

don't have tell me about drivetrain woes... I pick up my Th400 next week and order a 9" next month
Old 04-13-2004, 07:21 AM

I was just wondering if you look at the id. on those plastic lines, and you look at the hard lines, it just seems like it would be better to run the hard lines as the plastic lines id is very small...