Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best lid and coupler set up for TNT F1

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best lid and coupler set up for TNT F1

Well I demolished my directflow lid when trying to trim it to get it to fit once I had the ring on. I seem to not be able to install the maf onto the lid even after trimming because it hits the bottom of the airbox assembly. So I ended up getting some couplers from a local turbo shop and placed one in between the lid and the maf and one in between the maf and the power ring well it doesn't quite seal perfectly and it looks like trash. So I am getting ready to a head and intake swap and want to change out the lid to something that might look a little better as well as fit better. I've seen that K&N FIPK and it looks like it might work better with the power ring. But my car is an SS and it doesnt look like the ram air would be functional with it (I know the ram air isn't very functional in the first place)If anyone knows of a good set up let me know. Thanks in advance, Jessie
Old 04-12-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Junkie

When I had a TNT kit I used their ring with a trimmed fernco. I had to cut about a half inch off my lid to get everything to fit. I'm thinking about getting another TNT kit and I may just thread it directly into the fernco and fab up a braket for the noids.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes use like an MTI lid and a trimmed Fernco.....I had the best luck w/that also....