Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD Window Switch may be dead....:((((

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy MSD Window Switch may be dead....:((((

I finally got my nitrous system done the other day and I was out trying it out. Well the thing won't spray...

I tried several things and the problem is I'm not getting power to my soleniods. At first all my tests included the Window Switch in the setup......well today I decided to just bypass the Window Switch and just run a ground to that particular post on my relay.....AND THE SUCKER WORKED!!!!!!

So I rigged it back up with my Window Switch in place and now I'm not getting power to my solenoids...

This MSD switch is brand new!!!!! I mean it's been on the car a few months while I have been slowly getting my nitrous install done, but this was the first time I had tried to spray...

Is this common??? I had never even heard of a story of a bad switch???

Jesse
Old 04-17-2004, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BillyRay
I finally got my nitrous system done the other day and I was out trying it out. Well the thing won't spray...

I tried several things and the problem is I'm not getting power to my soleniods. At first all my tests included the Window Switch in the setup......well today I decided to just bypass the Window Switch and just run a ground to that particular post on my relay.....AND THE SUCKER WORKED!!!!!!

So I rigged it back up with my Window Switch in place and now I'm not getting power to my solenoids...

This MSD switch is brand new!!!!! I mean it's been on the car a few months while I have been slowly getting my nitrous install done, but this was the first time I had tried to spray...

Is this common??? I had never even heard of a story of a bad switch???

Jesse
Everytime I had a problem with a window switch it was because I hooked it up incorrectly. Make sure the tach signal wire is working first.. I usually try a shift light or tach hooked up to it just to make sure I have the correct wire. Also remember that the window switch should really only be used to ground out a very small current (like that of the switching part of a relay (86-85)) so if you try to make it ground out something that pulls a lot of current (like to the solenoids or something) it won't work. Also make sure you cut both wires for 4 cyl mode because the LS1 tach signal is not like a standard v8 one.

Also I have heard that sometimes the MSD window switches need to be modified to work with gm coil pack ignitions, but I've never had a problem with any.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Yeah I have cut the 2 small wires to put it in 4 cylinde mode. I have it wired just like it says in the TNT install instructions.

I know for sure I have the correct tach wire since I have my shift light tapped into the same wire.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Teching In

BillyRay,
I sent you a PM!