Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h/c now, thinking about n2o, have questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default h/c now, thinking about n2o, have questions

as my car sits now i have about 81k on her and do 420 hp and 400 ftlbs. car has stock injectors and stock fuel pump

im thinking about putting a 100 wet shot on it, of coarse with all the safety goodies. i have a couple questions

1) will i need new injectors/pump

2) do you think with 81k i should just wait until this motor pops and a forged on goes in

3) if i do a 100 wet shot now, can i convert that system over to dp and use a decent amount of the parts

the nitrous would be sprayed RARELY, car is pretty damn fast now and overpowers the tires with no problem, plus i dont have any problem with any of the cars around here now, so the juice would just be a dyno and track thing.

eventually the car is gonna get a 347 or 387 forged motor (stock crank) with a 250-300 dp shot on it, but im getting the speed itch again
Old 04-18-2004, 08:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When spraying a wet shot, you don't need to worry about the size of your injectors, because they're not where your fuel is added.

You might want to think about upgrading fuel pumps, however, simply for safety reasons. You might also think about buying a new OEM fuel filter, if you haven't changed it out in a while. You should be fine with the stock units, however.

If you take good care of your motor, 81k miles really isn't a lot. If you do the basic maintence that nitrous requires, you should be just fine.

To convert your wet kit into a DP kit later on down the road, you will only have to buy distribution blocks/rails, the hardlines/steel braided line, and 7 new nozles. You'll be able to keep the same feed line, solenoids, wiring, relays, and fuel source feed line that you'll get with the purchase of your wet kit.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been running nitrous for over two years and over 60K miles on my stock motor. On cold starts it has pistons slap until it warms up. My sig tells you how much I use.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a fuel pump. I have been running N20 for two years also.