Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

250 shot opinion (Nitrous Outlet, step inside!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 250 shot opinion (Nitrous Outlet, step inside!)

So I have been running a 150 dry shot on a plate successfully for a year last year. I have COS5, open loop speed density, using EFI Live to cut timing and add fuel. It seemed to work great for tuning. However, I did end up cracking a piston ring land on hte infamous #7 cylinder.... so that leads me to think that the dryshot, while i can tune it well, I cannot overcome the lean out from running a FAST intake. This is in a c5 corvette, so a single plane is not ideal for me. And a 102 plate (now have 102 TB) doesnt work without modification or replacement of the auto tensioner.

So that leads me to where i am today:
I am building a 416, so a larger shot, 250, is in order. I was thinking 1 of 2 choices would be ideal to make sure I have an even distribution for the nitrous.
1) Direct Port, and since this is a c5 it means: 2 nitrous rails and 4 solenoids.
2) Money Maker, since I think it would offer a better distribution than a nozzle or plate.

I really want this to look CLEAN once installed, which is the reason I like the idea of the Money Maker, is it would just be 'hidden' although that is not my concern, and it seems the MM would save some money, less fittings, nozzles, and 2 less solenoids. Though the Direct Port would leave more room for growth and would offer 'the best' distribution to all cylinders i suppose.

I am also building my own standalone fuel system for the nitrous fuel, if that makes much difference.

So what I am really wanting to know is:
Am I correct in thinking the MM would give me a better equal distribution to the cylinders than a nozzles or plate?
Are there any options I am not thinking of?
Am I being overly concerned on distribution because of my failure?
What does a direct port offer over the others besides distribution, and capability to handle more (though I know i will not do more than 250). As it seems to be the most expensive, and I would like to do this as budget friendly as possible.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a 102 intake, tb and plate on my c5z with a 408. What are you talking about having to modify the auto tensioner?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:41 AM
FormerVendor

The money maker will distribute better than the plate will. It does hit every running with nitrous and fuel. The money maker can pound out some nitrous. It can hit upwards of 400 hp worth of nitrous. The money make would be nice because you could make the car look completely stock looking with no lines running anywhere. This would be the ultimate clean and factory look.

The direct port will be the ultimate in even distribution and ability to grow. A dual rail 4 solenoids can put out some serious nitrous. We would be talking 800+ worth of nitrous. The direct port does have a show look to it. If you wanted something more stealthy we could have the lines coated black with black b nuts so that the system is less noticeable. I think that it would look super clean with the black on the vette and with a black 102. Granted the direct port will be the most expensive, it is the best.

If you are looking to be budget friendly then i would stay with the money maker.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you think the lean out is mainly caused due to the FAST intake? I have seen less problems running 250-300 sized shots on LS3 manifolds with plate setups.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Direct Port......

If your spending the coin on a built motor for spray.... Do it the right way the first time.. Direct Port is expensive and will cost you about as much as forced induction...I was in the same boat as you.. After running a wet kit for years on stock bottom end I built a stroker for nitrous and direct port... It hits very hard and couldnt be happier.. If you know your building a motor and know you wanna go the nitrous route then go direct port.. If one day you think about going forced induction then go as cheap as you can on nitrous til you have the funds to throw a turbo or blower on is all im saying.. Also Dave and the guys at Nitrous Outlet are top notch and will do you right.. I have left my car with Dave Numerous times couldnt be happier... I was thinking about buying your vette when it was for sale but Im having lots of fun with this 700rwhp LT1 car for the moment
Old 02-21-2013, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juicedh22
So I have been running a 150 dry shot on a plate successfully for a year last year. I have COS5, open loop speed density, using EFI Live to cut timing and add fuel. It seemed to work great for tuning. However, I did end up cracking a piston ring land on hte infamous #7 cylinder.... so that leads me to think that the dryshot, while i can tune it well, I cannot overcome the lean out from running a FAST intake. This is in a c5 corvette, so a single plane is not ideal for me. And a 102 plate (now have 102 TB) doesnt work without modification or replacement of the auto tensioner.

So that leads me to where i am today:
I am building a 416, so a larger shot, 250, is in order. I was thinking 1 of 2 choices would be ideal to make sure I have an even distribution for the nitrous.
1) Direct Port, and since this is a c5 it means: 2 nitrous rails and 4 solenoids.
2) Money Maker, since I think it would offer a better distribution than a nozzle or plate.

I really want this to look CLEAN once installed, which is the reason I like the idea of the Money Maker, is it would just be 'hidden' although that is not my concern, and it seems the MM would save some money, less fittings, nozzles, and 2 less solenoids. Though the Direct Port would leave more room for growth and would offer 'the best' distribution to all cylinders i suppose.

I am also building my own standalone fuel system for the nitrous fuel, if that makes much difference.

So what I am really wanting to know is:
Am I correct in thinking the MM would give me a better equal distribution to the cylinders than a nozzles or plate?
Are there any options I am not thinking of?
Am I being overly concerned on distribution because of my failure?
What does a direct port offer over the others besides distribution, and capability to handle more (though I know i will not do more than 250). As it seems to be the most expensive, and I would like to do this as budget friendly as possible.
Didn't we tall about this the other day? Give me a call when you get a chance.
Craig

Quick Reply: 250 shot opinion (Nitrous Outlet, step inside!)