Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hesitation

ive got a 2010 camaro ls3 car , lg g6x3 cam, lth, rotofab intake. on hsw 90mm plate. lnc2000 and nos launcher. from day one its always had a like hesitation /fall on it face for a split second when spray kicks in. i almost 100% sure its the fuel doing it. cause i turned my bottle off and system on and just got into it enuff for it to activate and it does the exact same thing with no n20 at all just sprayin fuel. what could cause this. here is a pic of my lines and the lengths .

the 2nd pic i move the noid back on the fuel side to straighten the line out and made it a touch longer but still no diff.
Attached Thumbnails hesitation-underhood-pic.jpg   hesitation-fuse.jpg  

Last edited by dekan513; 06-24-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Launching!

nitrous line on the passager side. ive on a 125 shot atm. but it done the same on 75 and 100. its pulling good after that lil hesitation . n/a mph 1/4 was 118 aver. 125 shot was 130 mph average. only spraying last half of the track due to clutch not holding this 4000lb beast.

pulling 5 degrees on the 125. plugs could use a lil more heat . gap at .035 . tr6 is what im on atm but . i was on the br7ef and i changed plugs to test and see if taht was it. ill be going back to br7 as it didnt make no diff.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Launching!

no one?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Harris plate had a known lean spike issue. That is why they shipped there systems with a shorter fuel feed than the nitrous feed to the plate. That may be what you are seeing.

I see you have already got rid of the cars factory fuel feed to the fuel rails. The factory one is real restrictive and causes issues. So it should not be a fuel feed issue but you could still check and see what the cars fuel pressure is doing when the system hits.

Do you have a wide band you can datalog with?

Dave
Old 06-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Launching!

no wide band. but i probably gonna invest in one. so u thinking a sudden lean spike on activation maybe what it is. cause like i said it does it with the bottle shut off. now that u said that it sound dead on. what can i do to fix that or try to doe something to clean that out. diff plate?

running the holley fuel rails.would putting a lil bit of delay in activation after wot help ?
Old 06-25-2013, 05:05 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dekan513
no wide band. but i probably gonna invest in one. so u thinking a sudden lean spike on activation maybe what it is. cause like i said it does it with the bottle shut off. now that u said that it sound dead on. what can i do to fix that or try to doe something to clean that out. diff plate?

running the holley fuel rails.would putting a lil bit of delay in activation after wot help ?
It could be two different reasons. On the bottle could be a lean spike. With bottle off it should be bogging down on fuel.

The key to doing it right is information. I would invest in a wide band before doing anything else. Then if the data log shows a lean spike like I am assuming it will you can do a band aid fix and shorten the length of the fuel hose from the solenoid to the plate. Or you can ditch that plate and upgrade to ours.
Dave
Old 06-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Launching!

i plan on a plate upgrade pretty soon. i really never sprayed my car much till this year . but now that im am the outlet plate is what im wanting. the wideband i dont know anything about thats the reason i dont have one. never been around one or used one. are they fairly simple to hook up? should i get a dual or will a single be ok? i accually lengthened the fuel line , cause i thought thats what someone said. i may have just miss read or heard what they were sayin. so i can shorten my fuel line by a good 6-8 inches.
but as u said thats a bandaid. would like to fix it and do it right.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:35 PM
FormerVendor

Innovate makes a decent wide band. A single will work fine. They are not always exactly accurate but they are a great tool in getting information. If you get one with data logging capabilities you can play back to see what the air fuel is doing from the time the system activates to the time you let out.

If you have a longer fuel line on the car than the nitrous line I would bet 99.9 percent that you are seeing a lean spike because of the issues the plate already has.
Dave
Old 06-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

I actually have the exact same issue on my Z, I get a hesitation on the initial hit, datalogging shows a lean spike pretty badly. Once it smoothes out, no more problems on gear changes or anything and it's not as bad at higher RPMS (5000+). I had 2' lines on each side from the noids to the nozzles, went to a 4' on the nitrous side only and got no changes. Can't go shorter on the fuel due to nozzle locations and one solenoid feeding both TB plates.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:24 AM
FormerVendor

Have you verified the fuel pressure is not dropping?
Old 06-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Have you verified the fuel pressure is not dropping?
I haven't, that's the next thing on my list to check. These returnless systems are kinda prone to that, since the regulator is way in the back and when you suddenly open up a large area that has to fill with fuel it can drop down a bit. I wouldn't know exactly what to do about it on the stock system though, and i'm not ready to do a return line setup on this car, far too expensive for what is otherwise a budget setup.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Italianjoe1
I haven't, that's the next thing on my list to check. These returnless systems are kinda prone to that, since the regulator is way in the back and when you suddenly open up a large area that has to fill with fuel it can drop down a bit. I wouldn't know exactly what to do about it on the stock system though, and i'm not ready to do a return line setup on this car, far too expensive for what is otherwise a budget setup.
What car are you working on?
Old 06-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Launching!

im gonna try to shorten my line a bit and lengthen th n20 . see what happens . ty for info u guys are top notch in my book.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

does it have an upgraded fuel pump?? i know a guy with a cam an bolt on ls3 car and he maxed out his pump on the 50 shot.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Launching!

stock fuel pump. but dont think thats it . its just on activation and plugs look good . they are a lil fat on the fuel but its pretty close .
Old 06-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
What car are you working on?
Car is an '08 350Z

Quick Reply: hesitation