Sponsored by:

150 shot on 100% stock 2000 ls1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 12:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
I'm in the same boat as the OP.
My car (sig) came with a nicely integrated and button controlled dry setup, which is supposedly a 175 shot. Car has 49k miles and the motor and fuel system are otherwise 100% bone stock.Previous owner didn't know much about it and claimed he never used it--he didn't even know what the two switches next to the fire button did; I'm assuming one is purge and maybe the other is for a bottle warmer? Should I have any concerns about using it? Since I don't know **** about nitrous setups, should I bring it to a local shop and have them inspect all the wiring, solenoids, lines, etc?
A 'supposed' 175 dry shot on a stock tune car with a stock fuel system... no way I'd do that. Testing the solenoids and verifying the pills is pretty simple. But, you need to make sure you're delivering the fuel needed since you're relying on your MAF to tell your injectors to add the additional fuel at the right ratio.

You're probably correct on the purge and bottle warmer for the other buttons. Do you see a bottle warmer/purge?
Old 07-13-2013, 01:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01_ram-air
A 'supposed' 175 dry shot on a stock tune car with a stock fuel system... no way I'd do that. Testing the solenoids and verifying the pills is pretty simple. But, you need to make sure you're delivering the fuel needed since you're relying on your MAF to tell your injectors to add the additional fuel at the right ratio.

You're probably correct on the purge and bottle warmer for the other buttons. Do you see a bottle warmer/purge?
I do see the purge, but I don't think I see a bottle warmer. I could be missing it though.

Would I be in safe territory if I got a nitrous tune, but retained stock pump, injectors, etc?
I'm not even sure yet I want to keep it, so I'm just testing the water here.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Im getting ready to install my first kit as well. EPS tunes my car and he couldent stress enough to put a good pump in the car before spraying it. I took his advice and just installed a 255lb pump. Some guys say run the stock one but id rather be safe than sorry when that fuel noid runs outta fuel and it goes lean.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BKsNHRA
Im getting ready to install my first kit as well. EPS tunes my car and he couldent stress enough to put a good pump in the car before spraying it. I took his advice and just installed a 255lb pump. Some guys say run the stock one but id rather be safe than sorry when that fuel noid runs outta fuel and it goes lean.
wouldn't you want bigger injectors with that too?
Old 07-15-2013, 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not with a wet kit
Old 11-27-2016, 01:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1

yeah I'm look at putting nitrous in my special edition slp 2000 ss camaro any advice on how I go about it? It has the slp head and exhaust and that's it the rest is stock can I shove a 150 wet shot in their and be alright?

Quick Reply: 150 shot on 100% stock 2000 ls1?