Sponsored by:

Help tuning fuel jets

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help tuning fuel jets

Hi guys,

Running a single nozzle wet setup. I have a wideband O2 setup, and when the nitrous hits at 3400 RPM the AFR is 13.0 and drops all the way to 10.5 by 5500 rpm. I am running a .065 nitrous jet and a .036 fuel on a NOS soft plume fogger.

Is there any way to fatten up the initial hit without tuning software? Am I maxing out the nozzle?
Old 04-28-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Draco
Hi guys,

Running a single nozzle wet setup. I have a wideband O2 setup, and when the nitrous hits at 3400 RPM the AFR is 13.0 and drops all the way to 10.5 by 5500 rpm. I am running a .065 nitrous jet and a .036 fuel on a NOS soft plume fogger.

Is there any way to fatten up the initial hit without tuning software? Am I maxing out the nozzle?
How long does it stay @ 13:1? Most kits initially spike lean just for a bit at first while the fuel makes it's way from the fuel noid to the fogger but it clears up almost immediately.

How long of a run do you have from the fuel noid to the fogger? How much distance from the fogger to the TB? When you grab another gear does it lean out initially again or is it good?
Old 04-28-2004, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
How long does it stay @ 13:1? Most kits initially spike lean just for a bit at first while the fuel makes it's way from the fuel noid to the fogger but it clears up almost immediately.

How long of a run do you have from the fuel noid to the fogger? How much distance from the fogger to the TB? When you grab another gear does it lean out initially again or is it good?
Hey, my fuel and nitrous runs are the same length (about 2 feet). Fogger is about 8 inches from the TB. Maybe I should try shortening the fuel run to 1 foot or so and see if that helps.

I havent tried grabbing another gear yet because this is making me too nervous as it is lol. 2nd gear is useless, so I spray in 3rd and dont want to grab 4th and spray in case the load causes me to go even leaner.

Here is my theory. When the nitrous hits, the fuel pressure drops big time causing the lean spike. For my dyno numbers last week I was running a FPSS, and the FP drop would cause a surge for a few hundred RPM... So the question is how do I stop the FP from dropping? Maybe time for a better fuel pump, or should I switch to a 98 style rail with regulator on the rail...