Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand alone fuel system HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stand alone fuel system HELP!!!!

I need some help guys.

I received my cold fusion http://coldfusionnitrous.com/nitrous...-cfn-2222.aspx SAFS a few days ago and have slowly been installing it. I looked up a few diagrams and used the simplest one cause im not a mechanic by any means.

Anyways heres a few questions.

1-My nitrous was already installed so I just tapped into the arming switch for the SAFS and hoped it would be turned on when I activated the nitrous arming switch. So I turned on the nitrous and put the "OUT" line in a gas can to see if it would activate and empty the fuel into the gas can. But im thinking since I have a window switch the SAFS wont actually turn on until it reaches the window switch's RPM setting... cause when I simply turned it on with the arming switch nothing happened.

2-I grounded multiple wires to the same point, is that an issue?

3- Does my wiring diagram look okay or did I totally screw the pooch? I am not afraid to admit a fuckup
Attached Thumbnails Stand alone fuel system HELP!!!!-pumpwiring.jpg  
Old 07-07-2013, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Little help, little help now.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Anyone?
Old 07-08-2013, 11:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It looks like it should work the way you have it.

Do you have an arming switch and the window switch spray the nitrous? I don't see the window switch in your diagram.

I would make sure my pump was wired to 12 volts on a separate switch so it isn't tied into the other wiring of the system. Just make sure the switch for the pump is on whenever you are ready to spray.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
It looks like it should work the way you have it.

Do you have an arming switch and the window switch spray the nitrous? I don't see the window switch in your diagram.

I would make sure my pump was wired to 12 volts on a separate switch so it isn't tied into the other wiring of the system. Just make sure the switch for the pump is on whenever you are ready to spray.

I left the window switch out cause it was lumped in with the "arming switch" but I did take the toggle switch for the fuel pump out of the 2nd relay and just used the original one (stopped being lazy) and used the 12v source from the fuse box in under the hood.

Quick Reply: Stand alone fuel system HELP!!!!