Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not picking up like it should

Old 07-20-2013, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not picking up like it should

Put the 250 jets In my nitrous express Gemini 2 plate and didn't quite work out how I was expecting. The car went 6.09@111 on the 150 shot and the best I could get out of the 250 was 6.10@114 with a little worse 60, 1.39 to the 1.37 before. Had 10 deg out on the 250 and 8 on the 150. The da was around 3400 last night but I figured it would still pick up with 100 more horse. I'm running a 4am feed line that came with the kit, could that be restricting me that much? Bottle pressure was good and full bottles. Something isn't adding up. It was very humid and couldn't see a timing mark on the strap but I was cautious to put too much back in with my stock bottom end. The car was running clean too and felt strong all the way through the traps, any ideas?
Old 07-20-2013, 04:41 PM
9 Second Club

Da is killing you and what is your total timing? I see you are pulling 10 but 10 from what?
Old 07-20-2013, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

34 deg on the motor
Old 07-20-2013, 07:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ls_Notch
34 deg on the motor
24 degrees on a 250 shot with a sbe is too hot in my opinion. I would pull 4 more and she what she does. I know it may be hard to believe but pulling timing can pick you up as long as 60ft stays the same.

With that being said I still think the DA is killing you more than anything.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

The car was about a 10th or so off n/a as it usually and the humidity was crazy. Still blows my mind that none of the plugs had a timing mark on them or showed signs of too much timing, ill try some more timing out of it and hopefully run some 5s
Old 07-20-2013, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What jet spread, fuel pressure, plug and gap are you running ?
Old 07-20-2013, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

78n 46f
8 psi
B8efs
Old 07-21-2013, 07:27 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ls_Notch
78n 46f
8 psi
B8efs
Are you cutting the plugs and reading the fuel? 46 also seems rich to me on a 78 jet. If you were running a 78/46 when you went faster and kept the 78/46 spread with that 3400 DA you are dead rich.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That looks like a jet spread for a high pressure system like 55psi, not 8 psi . Definitely on a 55 -58 psi system that is rich. I have never seen a system with that much spread on low pressure unless it was a carb plate and it was a.110 N jet or larger and the nitrous solenoid was maxed out , so they had to pull a lot of fuel to get afr / plugs in check. This is a carb setup right? Are you sure that is the fuel jet you have in it?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, I did a little research on YB about the NX plates. Seems that some of them came with a .093 orifice Nitrous solenoid and they don't make the advertised jet HP. They do run pretty wide jet spreads because of the way the plates flow. If it was mine I would send it off to Steve Johnson @ Induction Solutions and have him blueprint , flow it, and upgrade solenoids if needed. I am like Andy , you may be rich on that .078 jet tuneup because of the -4 line and the Nitrous solenoid.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:51 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killer5.3
That looks like a jet spread for a high pressure system like 55psi, not 8 psi . Definitely on a 55 -58 psi system that is rich. I have never seen a system with that much spread on low pressure unless it was a carb plate and it was a.110 N jet or larger and the nitrous solenoid was maxed out , so they had to pull a lot of fuel to get afr / plugs in check. This is a carb setup right? Are you sure that is the fuel jet you have in it?
Ok, I did a little research on YB about the NX plates. Seems that some of them came with a .093 orifice Nitrous solenoid and they don't make the advertised jet HP. They do run pretty wide jet spreads because of the way the plates flow. If it was mine I would send it off to Steve Johnson @ Induction Solutions and have him blueprint , flow it, and upgrade solenoids if needed. I am like Andy , you may be rich on that .078 jet tuneup because of the -4 line and the Nitrous solenoid.
Thats get this right, since you havent even used one. The jet spread is setup like that because it is a twin plate. Meaning two nitrous and two fuel jets. They state they want that tune up at 10psi flowing, he is at 8 psi so I would be willing to bet it is pretty close. (yes I have used this plate and tuneup) We run 7 psi FWIW.

Also depending on which kit he got (stage 6 or pro power) will depend on the solenoid that was provided. Either way a 4an and the small solenoid will still flow what he needs for those jets. My bet is it was rich because of the weather and under timed again because of the weather. He is in the ball park but if the tuneup is worse and you only increase a 100hp you wont see much of a gain if any.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So two 78 jets make 250 hp? I know NX sponsors you so you dont have to come at me with all that "you havent even used one" stuff. He posted the thread a few days ago and you just came in it. I know you are trying to stick up for your sponsor but you dont have to take veiled shots at me. I didnt say anything about that plate other than what has already been said. You even admit that the tuneup could be an issue besides the da. Another thing is I didnt say get rid of the plate it is junk, but, please correct me if I am wrong in saying that Steve Johnson blueprints and flows a lot of out of the box plates and they perform better afterwards. Another thing I don't see you busting Andy's ***** because he told him to pull timing and you are saying it 's under timed, so it is obvious it sponsorship. You also in first paragraph said you use the same plate and then later say it depends on which plate he has. So like me you arent exactly sure what plate he has. So NX has same tuneups for all of their plates ?

Last edited by Killer5.3; 07-21-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So let me see you go after Andy since he said it as rich on a .046 fuel jet like you did me since you think I attacked you beloved NX which I wasn't. If you are going to be a moderator then you shouldnt be biased just because someone sponsors you etc. If I was bashing a Co or sponsor I could understand you wanting facts, but, that isnt what I was doing. Maybe you should go on YB nitrous forums and get peoples experiences and ask about NX plates, flow, tuneups from people that have "used" their plates.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So let me see you go after Andy since he said it as rich on a .046 fuel jet like you did me since you think I attacked you beloved NX which I wasn't. If you are going to be a moderator then you shouldnt be biased just because someone sponsors you etc. If I was bashing a Co or sponsor I could understand you wanting facts, but, that isnt what I was doing. Maybe you should go on YB nitrous forums and get peoples experiences and ask about NX plates, flow, tuneups from people that have "used" their plates. I have used a Wilson 2 stage plate in the past and even their stuff, as good as it is out of the box ,benefits from Steve Johnson working his magic.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:26 PM
9 Second Club

Alright lets get this straight, anytime I disagree with anyone on this site, its because I support Nitrous Express. Thats all anyone in this forum can say, but the fact is I tell the truth,whether good or bad, and many people dont like to hear it. I tell the truth from experience, unlike many others in this forum or other forums, and if someone posts something untruthful I'm gonna quote and fix that problem so nobody gets the wrong opinion or facts.

Start a poll and ask how many people I have given FREE advice and took the time to help them out nomatter what system or company they had. Just last night I spent my own dime to go out and help and support a guy with all Nitro Dave's stuff and he can tell you that that was appreciated. Dont come at me because you think im defending Nitrous Express' product. I am telling the truth because I USE the exact same plate he has and have first hand experience that I know and trust. Not somebody's opinion on YB which could be fact or fiction! Get your story straight before attacking me.

Now, yes NX has different systems but it is based on the size of the solenoid with the kit. One solenoid will support more hp than another. Pretty simple to understand, so it depends on the solenoids in his kit. Yes, any nitrous kit will benefit from their own flow and blueprinting, thats simple to understand too. What else would you like to know?
Old 07-21-2013, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Look you don't have to go bold and caps and all of that stuff with me like you are scolding me or something. I respect what you have done with your car , but, I am 45 and have been racing a while too. To expound on what you said about giving people advice etc even when they dont have the same system etc is exactly what I am saying. You made a point to be a veiled smartass towards me by saying I have run this plate and FWIW etc etc when in fact you arent even sure if he has the same as you and even admitted you arent sure what solenoids he has. That's all I was suggesting to him since he could have either tuneup or flow issues that having everything check wouldnt be a bad idea. Are you telling me that Steve Johnson's opinion is BS and doesn't matter? I asked the guy about the jetting as did Andy when we saw the big spread and when he didnt respond , I researched and saw where those spreads are run with the NX plate , Gemini twin or 2 , which is what he said he had. Just wondering why you chose to jump my **** , when all I was doing was trying to ask the guy questions to help him , just like Andy was.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...=201878&page=2

Read post #19. This is all I was saying and I think this applies to most any off the shelf plate kit.

Last edited by Killer5.3; 07-21-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:15 PM
9 Second Club

Look you don't have to go bold and caps and all of that stuff with me like you are scolding me or something. I respect what you have done with your car , but, I am 45 and have been racing a while too. To expound on what you said about giving people advice etc even when they dont have the same system etc is exactly what I am saying. You made a point to be a veiled smartass towards me by saying I have run this plate and FWIW etc etc when in fact you arent even sure if he has the same as you and even admitted you arent sure what solenoids he has. That's all I was suggesting to him since he could have either tuneup or flow issues that having everything check wouldnt be a bad idea. Are you telling me that Steve Johnson's opinion is BS and doesn't matter? I asked the guy about the jetting as did Andy when we saw the big spread and when he didnt respond , I researched and saw where those spreads are run with the NX plate , Gemini twin or 2 , which is what he said he had. Just wondering why you chose to jump my **** , when all I was doing was trying to ask the guy questions to help him , just like Andy was.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...=201878&page=2

Read post #19. This is all I was saying and I think this applies to most any off the shelf plate kit.
I apologize for how I came off, but its the internet and its hard to decipher things here. My first post was more responding to your first post. It gets frustrating when somebody comes in and offers an opinion when they didnt even understand the plate system he was running etc(this just works as an example), then you did the right thing and researched it and came back with an alot better response. If youre first respsnse was that one I wouldnt of said anything. I just wanted to set the record straight that the product he was using was working how it was suppose to it just needed a tune to better respond to the weather he was racing in. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Anyways back to the OP, lets get him rolling in the right direction that we are all on the same page.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camscam02
I apologize for how I came off, but its the internet and its hard to decipher things here. My first post was more responding to your first post. It gets frustrating when somebody comes in and offers an opinion when they didnt even understand the plate system he was running etc(this just works as an example), then you did the right thing and researched it and came back with an alot better response. If youre first respsnse was that one I wouldnt of said anything. I just wanted to set the record straight that the product he was using was working how it was suppose to it just needed a tune to better respond to the weather he was racing in. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Anyways back to the OP, lets get him rolling in the right direction that we are all on the same page.
It 's all cool. We are all in it for the same reasons. Share knowledge and go fast and have fun while doing it.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

It's the stage 6 plate and I'm just going off what nitrous express says on the jet size and fuel pressure. They recommend 8 on the low side for the fuel pressure, it's the lightning solenoids
Old 07-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Launching!

I'm running the same except for its pro power Gemini. I've been slowing leaning mine out and I'm down to 62/37 @ 7psi. Plug #8 is getting leaned out but my front cylinders are still quite rich. I'm running a -6 feed. Do you have any idea what the da and water grains were? The water grains made my tune up rich as the get up over 120.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not picking up like it should