Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous newb!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous newb!

Alright guys tell me if im being dumb here.

I just got my car tuned for spray this last weekend.. off the bottle my afr is 12.8 and my car put down 365 whp without spray..

Im currently running a 100 shot and its mean!!

I started at 35 then went to 70 and then 100..

Right now I dont have a bottle heater, bottle gauge or FPSS but im getting a bottle heater and gauge soon.. I do have a WOT switch

by the way its a nitrous express wet..

am I stupid for not running a fpss on a shot this big? could I run a 125 safely? I also thought it was strange that the 35 shot didnt feel much different then the 70 but the difference from 70-100 was nuts..
also how much can my stock fuel pump put up with? My car is mostly stock at the moment so its not under strain other than spray..

when I get home Ill post a pic of my jetting chart but ive been thinking about backing off to the 70 shot cause im scared.. shoule I be? I checked for knock with every shot and I didnt get any.. how important is bottle heat/pressure?
Ive noticed that when I spray my 100 shot also that my car will rip really hard for a second then back off for a second and then get back in it.. almost as if my nitrous isnt spraying consistantly.. I know its alot but help me out here
Old 09-23-2013, 10:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I've learned pressure is pretty important, as is the heater to keep it there.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:28 PM
12 Second Club

Also an edit to my post, the heater I have is pressure regulated, it runs utill pressure is right, then cycles to keep it there. Works great. Got it from the nitrous outlet. Before. I had it set right, pressure was all over and acted accordingly .
Old 09-24-2013, 08:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarren_b
Alright guys tell me if im being dumb here.

I just got my car tuned for spray this last weekend.. off the bottle my afr is 12.8 and my car put down 365 whp without spray..

Im currently running a 100 shot and its mean!!

I started at 35 then went to 70 and then 100..

Right now I dont have a bottle heater, bottle gauge or FPSS but im getting a bottle heater and gauge soon.. I do have a WOT switch

by the way its a nitrous express wet..

am I stupid for not running a fpss on a shot this big? could I run a 125 safely? I also thought it was strange that the 35 shot didnt feel much different then the 70 but the difference from 70-100 was nuts..
also how much can my stock fuel pump put up with? My car is mostly stock at the moment so its not under strain other than spray..

when I get home Ill post a pic of my jetting chart but ive been thinking about backing off to the 70 shot cause im scared.. shoule I be? I checked for knock with every shot and I didnt get any.. how important is bottle heat/pressure?
Ive noticed that when I spray my 100 shot also that my car will rip really hard for a second then back off for a second and then get back in it.. almost as if my nitrous isnt spraying consistantly.. I know its alot but help me out here
It sounds like the fuel system is pretty much tapped out at this point. I would say that is probably what you are feeling when it backs off. A Racetronix fuel pump kit would help remedy that.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
It sounds like the fuel system is pretty much tapped out at this point. I would say that is probably what you are feeling when it backs off. A Racetronix fuel pump kit would help remedy that.
could low bottle pressure or having the botte mounted sideways cause that?

My car has low miles and hardly any other mods so I have a hard time thinking that my fuel system is maxed out when plenty of other people are running HCI cars with a 100 shot on top and still on the stock pump
Old 09-24-2013, 10:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

As for your "not seeing knock thing" get that out of your head now. On a stock motor if your motor knocks from detonation, its too late for it.

Read you plugs to tune your car, not look at knock on a computer screen. If that was the case we would all be nitrous gurus.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

My car has low miles and hardly any other mods so I have a hard time thinking that my fuel system is maxed out when plenty of other people are running HCI cars with a 100 shot on top and still on the stock pump
It really depends on how you have the pickup tube clocked. Is it just pointing straight down?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
It really depends on how you have the pickup tube clocked. Is it just pointing straight down?
that I dont know.. I bought the kit used and ive never had the bottle open.. I just changed the bottle to paralell with the car, we will see what that does
Old 09-25-2013, 03:01 AM
12 Second Club

If the bottle has a label on it, the pickup tube shed be angled back to the opposite side as the sticker. Bottle parallel to car can't go wrong, so long as u have it at the right angle.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

We have guys that have ran 200 on a stock fuel pump. It's always handy to have a FPSS and window switch..Call me if you have any more questions..

-Garrett
Old 09-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by JDEP162
If the bottle has a label on it, the pickup tube shed be angled back to the opposite side as the sticker. .
That's correct.

-Garrett

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitrous newb!