Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Outlet Stinger Plates are now available!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 03:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Nitrous Outlet Stinger Plates are now available!!!

I know you guys have been chomping at the bit to check out the new plate and its finally here! 4150 and 4500 style plates are now available.
All of the info on the plates can be found here: http://blog.nitrousoutlet.com/stinger/

This is the link to the plates:http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/carbure...nversions.html

Link to the systems:http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/carbure...e-systems.html

Let me know if anyone has questions!
Old 11-20-2013, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally pics! looks pretty badass

p.s., your blog page seems to have a typo: 50-100-150-200-250-300-350-400-500
Old 11-20-2013, 04:23 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-20-2013, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 167 Likes on 89 Posts

Beautiful stuff.

Under each item is a link to add to the compare list... I added the EFI and the EFI race to the compare, but I can't seem to find the link to actuall pull up the two to compare them.

Perhaps you can just give me the run down.

I'm looking at spraying a lot into an ERL sleeved 427 with a MAST intake and 4500 throttle body. I suppose I should man up and just get the race version, since that's my end goal...
Old 11-20-2013, 05:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by C5_Pete
Beautiful stuff.

Under each item is a link to add to the compare list... I added the EFI and the EFI race to the compare, but I can't seem to find the link to actuall pull up the two to compare them.

Perhaps you can just give me the run down.

I'm looking at spraying a lot into an ERL sleeved 427 with a MAST intake and 4500 throttle body. I suppose I should man up and just get the race version, since that's my end goal...
The race version comes with bigger solenoids(.178 Nitrous & .310 Fuel) and can flow the full 500. The standard version comes with our .122 Nitrous solenoid and .187 Fuel solenoid and is capable of flowing 400HP.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 167 Likes on 89 Posts

Yeh. Kinda silly of me to ask when I knew what I was gonna need... Still on a budget though...

Thanks
Old 11-21-2013, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The price for the Stinger Plate with complete kit is priced very well in my opinion. You guys should sell a ton of them.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:27 PM
FormerVendor

I thought this post from Dave (on another forum) has some good info oh the Stinger,Puck and our EFI Plates:

First lets discuss the issues we have found in other plate designs.

Single Spray Bar Plates

On spray bars that have less discharge ports the discharge at the opposite end of the entry point tend to spray more volume than on the end where the nitrous enters. As a result the front cylinders are usually leaner and the back cylinders are usually richer.

On spray bars that have a lot of holes across the bar the center discharge ports tend to spray more volume than the discharge ports on each end of the spray bar.

Perimeter style plates

On the single perimeter style plates we have flowed we have noticed that as you move up in the power range the nitrous tends to come around the plate and force more volume out of the side of the plate opposite of the entry point as the two passage points meet.

Diffuser Plate

The diffuser plate has a single entry point that travels to the diffuser that is mounted in the center of the intake. The diffuser discharges the nitrous and fuel directly to the floor of the intake. The plate we flowed showed that as the nitrous entered the diffuser the sides two the right and to the left of the diffuser are where the discharge was forced out of creating an uneven discharge when comparing front/back to side/side.

Cross Bar Plates.

The Cross bar plates do a better job saturating the air intake charge than the single spray bar or perimeter style plates due to the crisscross discharge having more coverage area in the plenum. The spray bars still have the same issues as the single spray bar but due to the design it does not affect the overall cylinder to cylinder distribution as well. We actually like the cross bar design. The only issue with it is that it is not allowed in single entry plate classes.

The stinger plate eliminates all the issues we have found with spray bar and perimeter style plates. The technology came from a combination of our EFI plates and our Puck design.

To better explain the Stinger design let me explain the Puck and our EFI plate designs.

Nitrous Puck

The Nitrous Puck mounts in the floor of the intake plenum. The puck is about 1 3/4 in diameter and 1 inch tall. The discharges blows the atomized mixture directly down the floor of each intake runner. The flow pattern out of the puck is perfectly even all the way around. The reason why this 360° discharge pattern is so perfectly even is due to how the nitrous enters the puck and how it leaves the puck. The nitrous enters the puck from the bottom and travels up into a the top of the puck. As the nitrous travels up it slams into the roof of the puck and then flows out of the discharge ports. This method has a more controlled discharge than you can have with any other system other type of system without going to a direct port system.

EFI Plates

Now that you understand how the puck works let me explain our EFI plates. Our EFI plates mount between the throttle body and intake manifold. The plate has channels that run through the plate and out of multiple discharge ports that flow across the intake throat. As the vacuum from the engine pulls the air through the throttle body into the intake plenum the discharge is pulled inward with it and completely saturates the air intake charge with a perfectly atomized mixture. The cylinders pull this atomized mixture in with the airflow.

Stinger Plate

Now based off all of our R&D, testing, tuning etc we combined the technology from the Puck and our EFI plate and created the Stinger Plate.

The mission for the stinger plate was to eliminate the issues found in other bolt on nitrous plates, fit single entry plate rules, and flow at least 500 HP.

The Stinger plate has a normal entry point like any other single entry plate. The nitrous and fuel travel down a passage way into our stinger. Just like the puck the nitrous travels through the stinger slamming into the roof of the stinger and then flowing outward creating a perfectly even 360° pattern. The Stinger has 15 discharge ports spraying across the intake throat therefore completely saturating the air intake charge. The vacuum from the engine pulls the mixture in with the incoming airflow. The stingers discharge ports are about a 1 3/8 below the carburetor base therefore not affecting carburetor signal nor blowing an uncontrolled discharge down any intake runners.

As with any products we design we tested the stinger on the flow bench and on the track. On all of the test vehicles we were able to verify cylinder to cylinder distribution was much better than other plates we have tested.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i think i need to get rid of my cheater plate for one of these soon.... hmm

Quick Reply: Nitrous Outlet Stinger Plates are now available!!!