Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

safety equipments?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default safety equipments?

I know 3 must safety equipment when using n2o are WOT Switch, Window Switch, FPSS.but they are enough?what about egt gauge,afr gauge?
Old 05-11-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have all of those (WOT switch, Mallory window switch, FPSS, EGT gauge, Innovate LM-1 wideband AFR meter), plus a full sweep fuel pressure gauge. It'd be nice to have a remote bottle pressure gauge too, but the one I want (electric) is kinda expensive.

Honestly, it's tough to watch all the gauges in the quarter mile, and my car has not been tuned on the nitrous yet. But hopefully when I pill up on the dyno I'll be able to pay real close attention to everything.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Only other thing that I have (but haven't seen anyone else doing) is redundant WOT switches. I don't want that little $5 microswitch failing closed and have the nitrous spraying at part or no throttle.

I also tried wiring my fuel and N2O noids in series so if the fuel noid failed the N2O would not spray but the noids draw too much current in series so it would have required getting pretty fancy with multiple relays and I didn't want to over engineer it. KISS as they say