Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Remote Opener

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help With Remote Opener

I obtained a used Next Generation remote bottle opener. I went to test mount it and discovered it is missing at least 1 piece and might have wrong pieces included with it. I then pulled the rubber boot off of the motor to make sure the wires had good solder connections to the motor and discovered that what looks like a glass relay/light was on the end of the motor. The glass on it had been crushed and crumbled when I slid the boot off. I have attached pictures.

My questions are:
1. What parts do I need to properly attach this to my bottle.
2. The opening on what I thought was used to secure the opener to the bottle is way too large, is this even for this opener?
3. What is the relay/light thingy on the end of the motor for and is it replaceable.

This is the opener I have

These are the parts that came with it.

This is the relay/light that I was talking about
Old 02-13-2014, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your missing the gear and clamp.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Looks very similar to the Nitrous Outlet remote bottle opener I have. The collar shown in your last pic looks too large to clamp around the valve area under the handle. The bottle's valve **** needs to be replaced with a **** that will mesh with the opener. The opener should slide down on the collar and then be secured with a thumb screw. Search Nitrous Outlet remote bottle opener instructions. Sorry, couldn't get the link on my phone, it just downloads the instructions. But here is a link to there site, bottom right pic will show collar and handle/****. http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...le-opener.html

As far as what is on the end of your opener, I have no clue. Should not be a relay, the switch powers the opener in each direction. Maybe an overload? Put power to leads and be certain it works before going any further. You can later adjust how tight you want the opener to close by adjusting the clutch.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Maybe this will help with parts id.
http://www.slickcar.com/details/1802...FTIV7Aod3CkAbg

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151230995884
Old 02-15-2014, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After talking with Nitrous Express and the person I got the opener from, it turns out the collar is for a Zex opener and will not work with the Nitrous Express opener. Fortunately I was able to find the current owner of the Zex opener that he had and sure as hell the new owner has the collar I need, so we are going to do a swap.

The dealy on the end of the motor appears to be some sort of thermal overload switch and should still work with the glass broken while I save up for a new opener.

Quick Reply: Help With Remote Opener