Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone useing a electronic/digital nitrious level gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone useing a electronic/digital nitrious level gauge?

Anyone has one of these and are their any more options other than zex?are they accurate? It seems like they are the only people I can find who makes this gauge is zex.
http://www.lsxtv.com/news/new-products/the-zex-nitrous-level-gauge-lets-users-keep-tabs-on-their-bottle/

Im gona be getting my 100 shot wet kit soon and want to put some gauges in a 3 pod gauge holder mainly for show purposes but at the same time I want them to be useful...
On my c5 Z06 DIC (driver information center) it already displays most of the important stuff like oil, coolant, temps , engine temp, oil pressure etc.....
I wanted to add a wideband gauge but the shop im bringing it to told me not to bother with a wideband since im only doing a 100shot..
So I figured ill just get a bottle pressure gauge, fuel pressure gauge and a bottle level gauge but I wanted to know if there is another bottle level gauge other than zex..
Old 02-27-2014, 07:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Glowshift makes a digital one you can mount in your a pilar.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moe24
Anyone has one of these and are their any more options other than zex?are they accurate? It seems like they are the only people I can find who makes this gauge is zex.
http://www.lsxtv.com/news/new-produc...-their-bottle/

Im gona be getting my 100 shot wet kit soon and want to put some gauges in a 3 pod gauge holder mainly for show purposes but at the same time I want them to be useful...
On my c5 Z06 DIC (driver information center) it already displays most of the important stuff like oil, coolant, temps , engine temp, oil pressure etc.....
I wanted to add a wideband gauge but the shop im bringing it to told me not to bother with a wideband since im only doing a 100shot..
So I figured ill just get a bottle pressure gauge, fuel pressure gauge and a bottle level gauge but I wanted to know if there is another bottle level gauge other than zex..
A wideband is a very important tool, I used one on my car for 100 shot, may want to look into that. That gauge looks like a pretty cool idea, we sell an electronic one as well, but it doesn't show nitrous bottle level, just pressure, which is pretty much the same thing. Either way, good luck, let me know if you have any questions about anything.

-Garrett
Old 02-27-2014, 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

So would there be a need for that gauge OP is talking about and a gauge that shows nitrous pressure? Wouldn't you be able to tell if the bottle is getting empty by the nitrous pressure gauge?
Old 02-27-2014, 08:35 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
So would there be a need for that gauge OP is talking about and a gauge that shows nitrous pressure? Wouldn't you be able to tell if the bottle is getting empty by the nitrous pressure gauge?
Yes you can tell off a pressure gauge if the bottle is low. Zex just got fancy.

-Garrett
Old 02-27-2014, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
A wideband is a very important tool, I used one on my car for 100 shot, may want to look into that. That gauge looks like a pretty cool idea, we sell an electronic one as well, but it doesn't show nitrous bottle level, just pressure, which is pretty much the same thing. Either way, good luck, let me know if you have any questions about anything.

-Garrett
ok thanks im just gona go head and pass on this gauge and get a wideband gauge since like you said i figured the nitrious pressure gauge is pretty much the same thing..
Old 02-27-2014, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'd be leery of any shop that tells you a wideband gauge is not important. That was the FIRST gauge I bought and installed on my car, and I'm only a heads/cam/full bolt-on car. Knowing your car's air/fuel ratio is critical.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We use an Autometer electric gauge. Have the sensor mounted inline before 1/4 turn valve. That way we can open bottle valves and check bottle pressure without pressure on solenoids. All we have to do is turn on master power switch for kit and powers gauge and check pressure. It is right on the money with a good bottle valve mounted gauge .
Old 02-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I'd be leery of any shop that tells you a wideband gauge is not important. That was the FIRST gauge I bought and installed on my car, and I'm only a heads/cam/full bolt-on car. Knowing your car's air/fuel ratio is critical.
I agree completely!

-Garrett
Old 02-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by moe24
ok thanks im just gona go head and pass on this gauge and get a wideband gauge since like you said i figured the nitrious pressure gauge is pretty much the same thing..
No problem dude, let me know if you have any questions about anything, or need help with anything along the way.

-Garrett

Quick Reply: anyone useing a electronic/digital nitrious level gauge?