Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Using The Leash Single Stage Nitrous Board?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Anyone Using The Leash Single Stage Nitrous Board?

This looks to be a really nice piece that would really simplify a nitrous install and provide a clean look. Is anyone using this? If you are, how do you like it and did it make wiring everything up easier? Looks like it would also make troubleshooting issues easier too. Would love some feedback.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribing. Seems like a very slick setup
Old 03-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

I have one for my setup but haven't installed it yet, definitely will tidy up install. I also like the transbrake interrupt circuit which I plan to activate off my 2 step and line lock, this way if the systems armed accidentally I always have a fail safe.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm a M6 car, so I think there is an option where I can wire it up so that when my clutch pedal is pressed in, the nitrous isn't on. I just like how it's very simply labeled that "this" goes here and "that" goes there on the nitrous board which is nice for me who is not experienced at wiring. I ordered a custom nitrous panel from Emblempros, which has a N2O arming switch, Purge, Heater and Bottle Opener. It looks like I can run the N2O arming switch and the purge off of the Leash nitrous board and then the Heater and Opener off of the nitrous switch panel. Does this sound correct?

Last edited by Rise of the Phoenix; 03-06-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mcshocks
I have one for my setup but haven't installed it yet, definitely will tidy up install. I also like the transbrake interrupt circuit which I plan to activate off my 2 step and line lock, this way if the systems armed accidentally I always have a fail safe.
Where are you going to locate the Leash nitrous board? In the car or under the hood?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I'm a M6 car, so I think there is an option where I can wire it up so that when my clutch pedal is pressed in, the nitrous isn't on. I just like how it's very simply labeled that "this" goes here and "that" goes there on the nitrous board which is nice for me who is not experienced at wiring. I ordered a custom nitrous panel from Emblempros, which has a N2O arming switch, Purge, Heater and Bottle Opener. It looks like I can run the N2O arming switch and the purge off of the Leash nitrous board and then the Heater and Opener off of the nitrous switch panel. Does this sound correct?
Yup absolutely, obviously using fuses/relays if needed.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Where are you going to locate the Leash nitrous board? In the car or under the hood?
I'm actually cutting out the back of my glovebox then I'm going to fab up something out of sheet aluminum to bolt them to so its hidden when the glovebox is shut.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mcshocks
I'm actually cutting out the back of my glovebox then I'm going to fab up something out of sheet aluminum to bolt them to so its hidden when the glovebox is shut.
That's a good idea. I bet you could even bolt it down to the plastic in the glovebox somehow. This Leash nitrous board doesn't come with the J fuses, but looks pretty complete otherwise. The Nitrous Outlet plate kit comes with a relay, so I should be covered there. I think he hard part will be figuring out how to wire in the NOS Mini and LNC2000 or Timing Twister.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

That's a good idea. I bet you could even bolt it down to the plastic in the glovebox somehow. This Leash nitrous board doesn't come with the J fuses, but looks pretty complete otherwise. The Nitrous Outlet plate kit comes with a relay, so I should be covered there. I think he hard part will be figuring out how to wire in the NOS Mini and LNC2000 or Timing Twister.
NOS mini is pretty easy, TPS wire & rpm wire for activation and then you train/program the sensors in. The activation off the NOS mini pulses the ground signal of the solenoids. For the LNC you can do the activation off of your nitrous arm switch for the +12v activation.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Found this on a quick search:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1621314&styleid=27
Old 03-06-2014, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks man, your a big help. Pretty new to all this wiring stuff. I may end up with a brand new MSD timing twister for a really good price. Have you heard good things about them? Really only needing the LNC 2000 to pull timing so if the MSD timing twister does the same thing then I'll get it.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

The thing with the LNC is the launch control feature is a good thing. Makes racing at the strip nice and easier to dial in suspension because of consistent launch rpm.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:59 AM
Launching!

Ive got a couple wiring diagrams from Brandon at nitrous outlet for using the nos switch with the lnc 2000. If you want to pm me your email address I'll forward them
Old 03-07-2014, 08:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 406chvycamaro
Ive got a couple wiring diagrams from Brandon at nitrous outlet for using the nos switch with the lnc 2000. If you want to pm me your email address I'll forward them
You have a PM. I appreciate it a lot.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a very nice piece. Anyone know of one out there that has another relay for bottle heater and maybe a few fused outlets?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Leash told me those accessories could be ran off the nitrous switch panel, but I agree, if there was a nitrous board with those ports on them, that would make thing much easier.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I bought this board, the single relay board, and the fuse block. Should arrive soon.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slammin86
I bought this board, the single relay board, and the fuse block. Should arrive soon.
When you get it installed, I'd love to see pictures. Any idea where you're going to mount it at? Are you going to run the other accessories off a switch panel?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Phoenix I don't know if you picked up that timing twister or not but just so you know the timing twister will not show the correct amount of timing if you are looking at it in HPtuners. The LNC will show the reduced amount of timing when the unit is armed.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Phoenix I don't know if you picked up that timing twister or not but just so you know the timing twister will not show the correct amount of timing if you are looking at it in HPtuners. The LNC will show the reduced amount of timing when the unit is armed.
Here is what I'm going to do regarding pulling timing: Got this from 03EBZO6

Yes, its just that easy.

I use NOS Mini in this configuration:

Channel 1: Nitrous Noids
Channel 2: EFI COS5

You could in theory put both on Channel 1, but here is why I would not:

As soon as the window is active, COS5 is active. This means you get an immediate spark reduction. HOWEVER, as soon as the window is closed, you also get 100% of the spark back immediately.

So at that instant spark comes back, to keep the nitrous mix/combustion from tangling w/full spark, I add about 200rpm to the window on channel 2.

For example:
Channel 1: 3800-6800
Channel 2: 3800-7000

Quick Reply: Anyone Using The Leash Single Stage Nitrous Board?