Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous install issues :( Help!

Old 03-11-2014, 10:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous install issues :( Help!

My setup- Nitrous outlet 78mm plate. PLX Wideband. Nitrous outlet 10lb bottle. Spraying at 1000 psi. Cold fusion Big solenoids. 125 shot.

Hopefully one of the vendors will chime in on this

Sprayed today for the first time and Either im having a wideband issue, something in the tune, or not jetted correctly

Right now I have the Nitrous outlet 125 shot jetting for a 55psi fuel system (my system is 58psi)
when talking to the rep from nitrous outlet he said they tune their jets a little fat to stay safe and they run their pressure at 1000. NGK TR6. 4600ft elevation.

My AFR off bottle right now is a 12.4, atleast thats what my wideband is saying.

So I did a few quick test hits this morning Just hitting it quickly in 2nd.

Ran like a bat out of hell. but! I was watching my wideband and it leans out to 13.4! Sketchy!
Will wideband readings be different on spray even if the AFR is correct?

I know that my fuel noid is working because before I opened the bottle I armed the system and went WOT and watched my gauge. Not the best way of testing it but My wideband was showing in the 10's with just fuel entering.

Also when im done spray my RPM's will drop really low, it wont die, but its close.. Could I be loosing fuel pressure? Nitrous outlet guy said my stock pump should be good to 500whp. Which im not even close to.

I dont have a fuel pressure safety switch but my nitrous controller will cut spray if it runs too lean.

If my spray was really rich, Would the computer try and lean it out? my spray is after the maf so I dont see why it would unless im missing something. Im stumped. Im going to order a fuel pressure gauge. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Old 03-11-2014, 10:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarren_b
My setup- Nitrous outlet 78mm plate. PLX Wideband. Nitrous outlet 10lb bottle. Spraying at 1000 psi. Cold fusion Big solenoids. 125 shot.

Hopefully one of the vendors will chime in on this

Sprayed today for the first time and Either im having a wideband issue, something in the tune, or not jetted correctly

Right now I have the Nitrous outlet 125 shot jetting for a 55psi fuel system (my system is 58psi)
when talking to the rep from nitrous outlet he said they tune their jets a little fat to stay safe and they run their pressure at 1000. NGK TR6. 4600ft elevation.

My AFR off bottle right now is a 12.4, atleast thats what my wideband is saying.

So I did a few quick test hits this morning Just hitting it quickly in 2nd.

Ran like a bat out of hell. but! I was watching my wideband and it leans out to 13.4! Sketchy!
Will wideband readings be different on spray even if the AFR is correct?

I know that my fuel noid is working because before I opened the bottle I armed the system and went WOT and watched my gauge. Not the best way of testing it but My wideband was showing in the 10's with just fuel entering.

Also when im done spray my RPM's will drop really low, it wont die, but its close.. Could I be loosing fuel pressure? Nitrous outlet guy said my stock pump should be good to 500whp. Which im not even close to.

I dont have a fuel pressure safety switch but my nitrous controller will cut spray if it runs too lean.

If my spray was really rich, Would the computer try and lean it out? my spray is after the maf so I dont see why it would unless im missing something. Im stumped. Im going to order a fuel pressure gauge. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
The plug you should be on is actually a BR7EF. For our recommended jetting I would think starting out with a motor that's already semi rich would make the setup read even more rich. Can you confirm what jets are in it? Are you seeing any fuel pressure drop? Have you checked the fuel filter? at 125 I'd say the wideband is probably correct. I'd start going up in fuel jet until the A/F gets down in the 11.8-12.0 range
Old 03-11-2014, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
The plug you should be on is actually a BR7EF. For our recommended jetting I would think starting out with a motor that's already semi rich would make the setup read even more rich. Can you confirm what jets are in it? Are you seeing any fuel pressure drop? Have you checked the fuel filter? at 125 I'd say the wideband is probably correct. I'd start going up in fuel jet until the A/F gets down in the 11.8-12.0 range
Ill have to pull out the jets to check the numbers for sure, But I ordered them straight from you guys (nitrous outlet) for the 125 shot on 55psi system. I havent had a chance to check fuel pressure because I dont have a gauge and as far as im aware my car doesnt have a fuel rail pressure sensor. Havent checked the fuel filter. I bought a .34 fuel jet yesterday that im going to try but I know that right now my fuel jet is a .31

Also my wideband is placed just after the Xpipe in my system. is that too far back?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:17 AM
FormerVendor

Ill have to pull out the jets to check the numbers for sure, But I ordered them straight from you guys (nitrous outlet) for the 125 shot on 55psi system. I havent had a chance to check fuel pressure because I dont have a gauge and as far as im aware my car doesnt have a fuel rail pressure sensor. Havent checked the fuel filter. I bought a .34 fuel jet yesterday that im going to try but I know that right now my fuel jet is a .31
Yeah i remember speaking with you. the 34 should help but i would seriously recommend a FPSS. As I mentioned yesterday, you have a restriction somewhere on the fuel side. How many miles are on the car?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah i remember speaking with you. the 34 should help but i would seriously recommend a FPSS. As I mentioned yesterday, you have a restriction somewhere on the fuel side. How many miles are on the car?
75k miles on the car. Im going to get one. Luckily my Nitrous controller cuts spray when it leans out. Ill try to post a picture of the way I have my fuel line routed.

What should my nitrous jet be for a 125? That way I can verifty I have the correct one when I get home

Last edited by Jarren_b; 03-11-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:07 PM
FormerVendor

75k miles on the car. Im going to get one. Luckily my Nitrous controller cuts spray when it leans out. Ill try to post a picture of the way I have my fuel line routed.

What should my nitrous jet be for a 125? That way I can verifty I have the correct one when I get home
For a 125 you should be on a 57Nitrous and a 31 Fuel jet.
Feel free to give me a call at the shop!

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2014, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

Ok hopefully I can get off work in time to give you guys a call.. Does it matter what noids are being used? can that affect it?

pretty sure this is the noid im using
http://www.coldfusionnitrous.com/nit...-cfn-1804.aspx
Old 03-11-2014, 12:25 PM
FormerVendor

Ok hopefully I can get off work in time to give you guys a call.. Does it matter what noids are being used? can that affect it?

pretty sure this is the noid im using
http://www.coldfusionnitrous.com/nit...-cfn-1804.aspx
That's a pretty big solenoid. Did you buy it brand new? How old is it?
Old 03-11-2014, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah its huge. Its 1 year old and was used on a track only car.

Could that cause an issue?

Last edited by Jarren_b; 03-11-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Old 03-11-2014, 01:48 PM
FormerVendor

That's the nitrous solenoid. Can you post a picture of the fuel solenoid?
Old 03-11-2014, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

That's the nitrous solenoid. Can you post a picture of the fuel solenoid?
Ya one sec
Old 03-11-2014, 01:49 PM
TECH Regular

Old 03-11-2014, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

Ill post a picture of it on the car in just a bit
Old 03-11-2014, 04:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Also my wideband is placed just after the Xpipe in my system. is that too far back?
Yes that is way too far. It should be closer to the collector.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Yes that is way too far. It should be closer to the collector.
I dont have anywhere else I can put it, Ive looked.. right now its probably 10 inches from the collector
Old 03-12-2014, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The wideband should have came with a bung you can weld into the header collector or right at the front of the x-pipe.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

I dont have anywhere else I can put it, Ive looked.. right now its probably 10 inches from the collector
Take it to a muffler shop and have them weld a bung in for it.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

I took it somewhere and they said that there isnt anywhere else they could do it besides where its at.. Should solenoids have their own ground? or one seperate ground for each noid? right now I have both noids, purge, nitrous controller and bottle heater all on one ground.. I noticed my bottle heater is not getting as hot as it should. What is recommended?
Old 03-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took it somewhere and they said that there isnt anywhere else they could do it besides where its at.. Should solenoids have their own ground? or one seperate ground for each noid? right now I have both noids, purge, nitrous controller and bottle heater all on one ground.. I noticed my bottle heater is not getting as hot as it should. What is recommended?
Same ground for both is fine.

-Garrett

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitrous install issues :( Help!