Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my new emblempros switch panel

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default my new emblempros switch panel

Really happy with how it turned out. It's a custom cubby hole switch panel with n2o arm, purge, heater and opener. If you want a quality piece, emblempros is the way to go.

Attached Thumbnails my new emblempros switch panel-forumrunner_20140316_220117.png   my new emblempros switch panel-forumrunner_20140316_220219.png   my new emblempros switch panel-forumrunner_20140316_220345.png  

Last edited by Rise of the Phoenix; 03-17-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good
Old 03-17-2014, 04:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice piece. got mine from them too quality is top notch.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:06 AM
11 Second Club

Nice, looks bad ***. Let's see it installed!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks guys. The pictures don't really do it justice. I wanted one to put in the cubby hole area, but didn't want the one that had the hole cut out for the cigarette lighter. I will be getting the rest of my nitrous parts ordered and get to working on setting everything up.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks very nice! When you're doing the install let me know if we can help out at all. I'm no expert by any means and I'm sure you'll have it under control but we just finished ours last week (been picking at it for several weeks as time permitted) and once it was complete everything seems to work fine. Just make sure if your system has a two-step and you don't plan to use it turn it up to about 10,000. Ask me how I know?

Scott
Old 03-17-2014, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tar Heel
Looks very nice! When you're doing the install let me know if we can help out at all. I'm no expert by any means and I'm sure you'll have it under control but we just finished ours last week (been picking at it for several weeks as time permitted) and once it was complete everything seems to work fine. Just make sure if your system has a two-step and you don't plan to use it turn it up to about 10,000. Ask me how I know?

Scott
Thanks man, I really appreciate it, because I may have to hit you up for some advice. The wiring part has me a little worried. I've wired up my wideband, fuel pressure gauge and a shift light, but that's the extent of my wiring experience. I'm just going to take my time and not rush it. I'm also going to use the Leash single state nitrous board to help simplify things.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Thanks man, I really appreciate it, because I may have to hit you up for some advice. The wiring part has me a little worried. I've wired up my wideband, fuel pressure gauge and a shift light, but that's the extent of my wiring experience. I'm just going to take my time and not rush it. I'm also going to use the Leash single state nitrous board to help simplify things.
Yes, I was worried too about the wiring because I had never done anything like that before and I also wasn't sure on our C5 where to find a couple wires. After doing some investigation on the Corvette Forum (as well as here) and calling Brandon at Nitrous Outlet we sorted everything out and took our time wiring. After I turned the two-step "off" on my LNC the system tested fine and everything seems to be in order. We just need to make an appointment with our tuner to check shift points (want to turn it off before the shifts) and look at AFR (and adjust with jets as necessary) then we'll be out and on our quest for the 9s!

Scott
Old 03-17-2014, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've got an Air/Fuel wideband hooked up, so I'll use that to make sure I'm within safe limits. I'm going to start at a 100 shot, see how that goes, read the plugs and move up from there. Just want to be as safe as possible. I think as long as I've got everything hooked up correctly and my Air/Fuel looks good, then I'll be ok.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've got an Air/Fuel wideband hooked up, so I'll use that to make sure I'm within safe limits. I'm going to start at a 100 shot, see how that goes, read the plugs and move up from there. Just want to be as safe as possible. I think as long as I've got everything hooked up correctly and my Air/Fuel looks good, then I'll be ok.
What wideband did you go with and how hard was it to install and wire? Are you using the rear sensors? If so does it have to be tuned to eliminate the OEM rear sensors? I'm thinking about going that direction to be able to always monitor AFR and not have to rely on my tuner for that information.

Any help you could give would be appreciated as I don't know anything about widebands.

Thanks.

Scott
Old 03-17-2014, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have the AEM Wideband. It's a really nice unit and works really good. Install was very easy. I pulled power from the driver's side fuse panel located right as you open the door via the radio fuse (used an "add-a-fuse"). I am running an open loop speed density tune, so I was able to screw the bung into the driver's side o2 on the header. I'm not going to be running an open loop speed density tune after adding the nitrous, so I'll just weld the bung into a location close to the driver's side o2.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the AEM Wideband. It's a really nice unit and works really good. Install was very easy. I pulled power from the driver's side fuse panel located right as you open the door via the radio fuse (used an "add-a-fuse"). I am running an open loop speed density tune, so I was able to screw the bung into the driver's side o2 on the header. I'm not going to be running an open loop speed density tune after adding the nitrous, so I'll just weld the bung into a location close to the driver's side o2.
Thanks man. I called AEM today and it looks like that is the way to go. I don't have access to a welder and don't really want to take the car somewhere or remove the X-pipe so I wonder how this will work:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/av...-300/overview/

Then I could do everything myself.

Scott
Old 03-19-2014, 08:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've never seen anything like that before, but from the description, looks like it would work just fine.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've never seen anything like that before, but from the description, looks like it would work just fine.
I hadn't either but I was looking at Summit's web site to see if they sold the gauge any cheaper than AEM and it came up on the side. I may just go that route since my tuner can't get me in and then I can just do the work in my garage one weekend since I don't weld.

Did you mount your gauge on the pillar inside the car or in a pod where you could see it or just use it to tune and keep it out of sight then? Trying to decide what to do with the gauge.

Scott
Old 03-19-2014, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

I hadn't either but I was looking at Summit's web site to see if they sold the gauge any cheaper than AEM and it came up on the side. I may just go that route since my tuner can't get me in and then I can just do the work in my garage one weekend since I don't weld.

Did you mount your gauge on the pillar inside the car or in a pod where you could see it or just use it to tune and keep it out of sight then? Trying to decide what to do with the gauge.

Scott
I bought a Glowshift 3 gauge pillar pod that I mounted on the driver's side A-pillar. I have my AEM wideband installed and placed in the middle pillar pod and my Glowshift digital fuel pressure gauge in the pillar pod right above it. In the pillar pod right below the AEM wideband will be a Glowshift digital nitrous gauge.

If you are looking for a cheaper option, Glowshift makes a wideband unit. I have no complaints with my Glowshift fuel pressure gauge and have read good things about their wideband.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

are you relocating teh TCS switch and lighter to fit that panel in there? Looks nice by the way.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

I bought a Glowshift 3 gauge pillar pod that I mounted on the driver's side A-pillar. I have my AEM wideband installed and placed in the middle pillar pod and my Glowshift digital fuel pressure gauge in the pillar pod right above it. In the pillar pod right below the AEM wideband will be a Glowshift digital nitrous gauge.

If you are looking for a cheaper option, Glowshift makes a wideband unit. I have no complaints with my Glowshift fuel pressure gauge and have read good things about their wideband.
Thanks. I saw that AEM sells their wideband gauge for like $217 but Summit lists the same one for $175. I get a racer's discount there so it will be $165 with no shipping or handling. I guess that is a pretty good deal because with the no-weld clamp I'll be right at $200 and then will be able to adjust jets as necessary if the air changes or if I change how much I'm spraying.

Scott
Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MikeZ28TA
are you relocating teh TCS switch and lighter to fit that panel in there? Looks nice by the way.
My WS6 has no traction control, so no issue there. As far as the lighter goes, not sure yet. The only thing I've ever used it for is plugging my battery charger into it, so I'll probably relocate it.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks. I saw that AEM sells their wideband gauge for like $217 but Summit lists the same one for $175. I get a racer's discount there so it will be $165 with no shipping or handling. I guess that is a pretty good deal because with the no-weld clamp I'll be right at $200 and then will be able to adjust jets as necessary if the air changes or if I change how much I'm spraying.

Scott
Yeah, a wideband is a great thing to have, regardless of your setup. I know it's pretty much a must for the FI guys, but I really feel if you want to know what's going on with your car, you really need one.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, a wideband is a great thing to have, regardless of your setup. I know it's pretty much a must for the FI guys, but I really feel if you want to know what's going on with your car, you really need one.
So I'm assuming to read it you'll want to check the number at WOT NA and then be in the same area on the nitrous? What is a good range to be in for both NA and spray? Also (I know a dumb question) if it is above that range is it rich or lean?

I appreciate the help. Trying to learn these things so that I don't have to rely on others to get the car set-up correctly.

Scott

Quick Reply: my new emblempros switch panel