Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pusher system/NANO questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 08:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pusher system/NANO questions

From my perspective, to use a pusher system such as NANO you must have at least a 3-port valve. Valve1 - outlet, Valve2 - NANO inlet, Valve3 - Blowdown. Correct?
All 3 of these ports share the same path to the bottle through the tube, correct?
If you are using a pusher system, how does the contents of the bottle come up through the tube if the same tube is delivering pressure into the bottle from the pusher system??
Old 03-23-2014, 08:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp6
From my perspective, to use a pusher system such as NANO you must have at least a 3-port valve. Valve1 - outlet, Valve2 - NANO inlet, Valve3 - Blowdown. Correct?
All 3 of these ports share the same path to the bottle through the tube, correct?
If you are using a pusher system, how does the contents of the bottle come up through the tube if the same tube is delivering pressure into the bottle from the pusher system??
NANO pushes high pressure air or nitrogen through a port into the top of the nitrous bottle - this port is not attached to the siphon tube. The nitrous feed line port is attached to the siphon tube which runs to the bottom of the bottle. The NANO system is designed to provide a constant pre-determined bottle pressure. The advantage of a NANO system is that it can provide optimum bottle pressure instantly rather than waiting for the pressure to increase using conventional bottle heating methods. This allows for hot lapping or street racing. From my experience with NANO it works great, however, in hot temperatures you may need to ice the nitrous bottle. If you are constantly running in very hot temps you may want to get the NANO bottle re-calibrated to avoid excessive nitrous bottle pressure. Hope this helps!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Thanks Canadian! Just as I got your reply I wandered onto this threadhttps://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...ress-come.html See post #5 in the thread
The reason I was even asking about all this is that I would like to add NANO to my existing setup. I have a 12# NX carbon fiber bottle with a standard valve. Also, I run a NX bottle opener. I would like to switch the valve to at least a 3 port but I must be able to use the opener. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the great explanation!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Canadian! Just as I got your reply I wandered onto this threadhttps://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...ress-come.html See post #5 in the thread
The reason I was even asking about all this is that I would like to add NANO to my existing setup. I have a 12# NX carbon fiber bottle with a standard valve. Also, I run a NX bottle opener. I would like to switch the valve to at least a 3 port but I must be able to use the opener. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the great explanation!
FYI:
picture of valve? I just threw out a 2005 Standard valve by Nitrous Express yesterday. It had 4 ports, 2 plugged by 1/8" NPT plugs.

I think that valve would have worked well w/NANO because it was free flowing when I blew through the push port.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Find that valve you threw out!!
Attached Thumbnails Pusher system/NANO questions-20140323_184020.jpg   Pusher system/NANO questions-20140323_184033.jpg  
Old 03-23-2014, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Find that valve you threw out!!
You should just buy my NANO Valve setup! (pic in other thread). I'll throw in
the valve I threw out at no charge. Note, I bent the siphon tube when I trashed it but it could probably be straightened pretty easy.
$50 for combo?

edit/update: found valve. You will have to replace the tube.

Last edited by 03EBZ06; 03-23-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Teching In

send me a link to the thread or send me some pics please. craigt2121@hotmail.com
Old 03-23-2014, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

send me a link to the thread or send me some pics please. craigt2121@hotmail.com
Nano Valve Pic

Quick Reply: Pusher system/NANO questions