Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(c5 z06)nitrous outlet plate system questions and DYNOTUNE fuel pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 12:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (c5 z06)nitrous outlet plate system questions and DYNOTUNE fuel pressure gauge

Hi everyone I have the nitrous outlet 78mm plate kit and had some questions about tapping in the fuel rail..
Im being told that I can tap in the schrader port to install the Fpss and fuel for the nitrous, is that right?
Now for the dynotune fp gauge can I also install it on the schrader port as well to get a Fuel pressure reading (the Dynotune fp gauge is the gauge that goes inside the car Into a gauge pod) or is there another place to install the fp gauge other than useing the schrader port?

im not going to be doing the install myself and ill be haveing a shop install the kit for me but I was wondering if haveing the nitrous fuel feed, the fpss, and the dynotune fp gauge installed all on the
schrader port ok? Is that how its done..I have a few fittings that I got from dynotune that I think will make installing all 3 items to the schrader port possible. once I get to work tommorow I will take a picture of thr fittings I have that would probably make it possible to install all that on the schrader port.
I just would like to get a general ideal on how its suppose to be done.

Also I apolgize if im not makeing any sence and will be back to try and answer any follow up questions .thanks

Also im thinking about starting off with a 50 shot because with the mods I have now (all bolt ons, cam, ported polished heads) ill be at my goal which is 500rwhp amd if I want more Ill just up the jets, will I get 50rwhp out of the nitrous outlet jets or will it be more like 35rwhp?

I have 1 step colder spark plugs and what should they be gapped at for a 50shot?
Im asking that because some people where only getting 75rwhp on 100 shot jets but I dont think that was N.O kits.

Last edited by moe24; 03-28-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

We just finished installing the same kit on our 2004 coupe. Yes, there is a manifold that allows you to run fuel to your fuel solenoid and also add a gauge. Here is what ours looks like:

What plugs are you using? I believe most guys run the BR7EF (we do) plug and gap it as 0.032"

It's also not really a bad job to install it yourself if you want to save a few bucks. I'd be curious to hear what the shop is charging you to do the install. If it's crazy send me a PM and maybe you and I can work something out.

Scott

Last edited by dsadsdaiouser; 03-28-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tar Heel
We just finished installing the same kit on our 2004 coupe. Yes, there is a manifold that allows you to run fuel to your fuel solenoid and also add a gauge. Here is what ours looks like:

What plugs are you using? I believe most guys run the BR7EF (we do) plug and gap it as 0.032"

It's also not really a bad job to install it yourself if you want to save a few bucks. I'd be curious to hear what the shop is charging you to do the install. If it's crazy send me a PM and maybe you and I can work something out.

Scott
first shop which was futural motor sports was $1800 plus tax so about 2,000..that include installing the nitrous outlet plate kit,lnc2000 2step/launch controller,nos rpm/window switch and the nitrous outlet stage 3 accessory pack(which includes bottle pressure gauge,bottle heater,fpss and blowdown tube)...i thought that was pretty expensive and i emailed them back so i can see how much to install the fuel pressure gauge and the electronic n20 pressure gauge(the round gauges that you install on the apilar via gauge pod)..i never heard back from them and i was willing to pay it but they dont reply back to emails so im done with them...the second shop didnt give me a price but its a small shop and the guy seems cool so i dont think his price will be that hhigh compared to futral motor sports..the plugs are br7ef as recommended from brandon@nitrous outlet
Old 03-29-2014, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

i might go head and try and install it myself if the other shop price is real high..only thing that scares me is the wiring part
Old 03-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

did you have to move the powerstearing pump?in my nitrous outlet kit the had a power stearin pump relocation kit or something like that
Old 03-29-2014, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by moe24
did you have to move the powerstearing pump?in my nitrous outlet kit the had a power stearin pump relocation kit or something like that
Yes I did. That was somewhat of a PITA but the kit works well.

That is pretty expensive to do the install. The wiring is also fairly tedious and intricate; especially getting wires in and out of the interior from the engine compartment.

How far are you from Tyler, Texas? I just finished up the exact same project and would be willing to help you out. I'm a HS mathematics teacher and varisty softball coach but I've been working on cars for almost 30 years. Come and look at my install and maybe it would be worth your time. If nothing else, I'll be happy to offer free advice if you decide to do it yourself. $2K is highway robbery.

Scott
Old 03-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome thanks for the offer but if anything I might send you meassages via P.M for advice and what not if I do decide to do it myself..im in new orleans and wont have the time to come up there due to my busy schedule..im going to check out this other shop and if he has high prices then im just going to go ahead and install it myself after I do enough research and feel comfortable doing it..I figured $2k was high for an install but I still probably would of paid it to get it done as long as it gets done right but thier customer service is 0...

Ive been owning a couple retail shops for about a decade and customer service is #1 and I make sure I reply to all emails and Phone calls no matter how busy I get or even if the customer is a window shopper he still gets attention..
I guess thats why a lot of these speed shops go out of buisness. .they dont know how to treat customers
Old 03-30-2014, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Besides the nitrous plate kit what else did you install? Timing retard unit, window/rpm switch also what brands did you use for the above accerosies I mentioned above?
Thanks
Old 03-30-2014, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

We installed the Nitrous Outlet 78mm wet plate system, NANO kit, LNC control box to pull timing, NOS WOT RPM box to turn the system on and off, purge kit, FPSS, ...

Scott
Old 03-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Cool I have just about the same stuff minus the nano kit..I have the lnc and not rpm/wot unit..if I decide to install it myself ill meassage you if u dont mine just incase I run into issues.
Thanks

Quick Reply: (c5 z06)nitrous outlet plate system questions and DYNOTUNE fuel pressure gauge