Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Contoller

Old 05-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX Controller

Is anyone using the NX Progressive Controller? If so, how's it working for them!!?

Last edited by sunsetSS; 05-14-2004 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

Good question, I want to know also, I have been thinking of getting one.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mykdiver
Good question, I want to know also, I have been thinking of getting one.
I have one its getting installed this week. Just wanted to know how well it works!
Old 05-15-2004, 01:52 AM
Staging Lane

I have the newer Maximizer - works well so far. Anything specific you are wanting to know?
Old 05-15-2004, 02:06 AM
12 Second Club

How does it work with a 2 step? How do you set it up to spray. I want to run N20 off the line, but does it setup with a percentage, or what? I know I cannot spray the full amount off the line.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by timbalan77
I have the newer Maximizer - works well so far. Anything specific you are wanting to know?
Just wanted to know how easy it is to change settings...?
Old 05-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sunsetSS
Just wanted to know how easy it is to change settings...?
Well,you need a Palm (or Palm emulator for a computer). But, changing the settings on the Palm is VERY easy. The program is very user-friendly - much more so than the previous Maximizer model which didn't use a Palm. Plus, you can save different settings on the Palm, and upload whichever one you want pretty much whenever you want.
If you forget what settings you have the Maximizer currently set to, you can also download the current settings to your Palm to see what they are at (I guess this would also help if you accidentally delete the profile that you have uploaded, and want it back).
Hope this helps. If you have any other specific questions, let me know.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

How does it work with a 2 step? How do you set it up to spray. I want to run N20 off the line, but does it setup with a percentage, or what? I know I cannot spray the full amount off the line.
I've never really thought of running a 2-stage system with the Maximizer, but my initial thoughts are that you would either 1) run a 2-stage system, or 2) use the Maximizer.
The Maximizer allows you to gradually increase your shot size over a pre-determined time (set by you), for each gear. For example, you could start out at a 35 shot when you hit the throttle, and over .5 seconds increase the shot to a 75 shot. Then, when you shift to 2nd, you could start off at a 50 shot, and increase to a 100 shot over .3 seconds (numbers are all arbitrary, you can set them to whatever you want). Point being, it's totally flexible.
Now, the adjustment in shot size is done by percentage of your total shot size. So, if you're running jets for a 150 shot, and set it at 50% to start, you will have a 75 shot to start. Because of this, if you were contemplating a 2-stage system, all you'd need to do is set up a 1-stage system, and only set the Maximizer to finish at 100% for whatever gear you wanted that second stage to be in.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

No a 2 step, not a 2 stage. A controller that allows you to launch at a certain RPM.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by timbalan77
I've never really thought of running a 2-stage system with the Maximizer, but my initial thoughts are that you would either 1) run a 2-stage system, or 2) use the Maximizer.
The Maximizer allows you to gradually increase your shot size over a pre-determined time (set by you), for each gear. For example, you could start out at a 35 shot when you hit the throttle, and over .5 seconds increase the shot to a 75 shot. Then, when you shift to 2nd, you could start off at a 50 shot, and increase to a 100 shot over .3 seconds (numbers are all arbitrary, you can set them to whatever you want). Point being, it's totally flexible.
Now, the adjustment in shot size is done by percentage of your total shot size. So, if you're running jets for a 150 shot, and set it at 50% to start, you will have a 75 shot to start. Because of this, if you were contemplating a 2-stage system, all you'd need to do is set up a 1-stage system, and only set the Maximizer to finish at 100% for whatever gear you wanted that second stage to be in.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Sweet thank's "Tim" One question for you......Does the gears work the same with six speed or only auto?
Old 05-16-2004, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

No a 2 step, not a 2 stage. A controller that allows you to launch at a certain RPM.
I'm honestly not familiar with a 2 step, maybe Nitro Dave or someone can jump in. But, I wouldn't see there being any issue. You set the RPM at which the nitrous system activates, as well as the % of your shot that you want to start out with. If you wanted to (although it would defeat the point of the system), you could start spraying at 100% of your shot.
Not exactly sure what you're asking (it's late and I'm tired), but I'm pretty sure the system could accomplish what you're trying to do.

Sunset,
The program requires that you input whether you're car is a stick or auto, and if a stick, how many gears.

***One thing to note, the Maximizer doesn't actually know what gear your car is in.
Now, if your settings are the same for each gear (ie. if you have each gear to run from a 50 to 150 shot over .3 seconds), this isn't a big deal. But if you use the Maximizer for what it is really for (allowing optimal traction in lower gears with a smaller shot, and working your way up to a bigger shot), then it can be problematic if you are wanting to run the system on an open road instead of drag racing.
For example, say you set the Maximizer so that your 1st gear starts at a 35 shot and ends at a 75 shot, and that your 2nd gear shot starts at 50 and ends at 100, and so on. This might be fine for a pure drag race. However, if you activated the system on an open highway, say you are in 2nd gear when first activated, the system will use your 1st gear settings for the initial shot. Then, when you shift to 3rd gear, the system will use your 2nd gear settings, and so forth. Again, the Maximizer doesn't know what gear your car is in, and so when it is first activated, it will use the 1st gear settings. Like I said, not a big deal for drag racing, but if you ever run the car starting at a higher speed, it may be an issue.

On another side note, the system will "reset" itself by dropping back down to the 1st gear settings for your next run, after a certain amount of time pre-determined by you (maybe 35 seconds or so).
Old 05-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Tim,

I have a Maximizer on order. What Palm models does it work with it? Can I just go get the cheapest one?

Also what tach wire does it tap into for RPM? In my case I won't be putting this on an LS1. It's going on a GTP. Do you have any tips as far as setting it up right? To give you some background, I currently have a low 11's GTP that I'm adding a NX DP system to with NXLs, dual noids, genx-2, etc. I will be tuning it in on a dyno with a wideband, but I sure could use any getting started tips as to how to initially set it up.

John
Old 05-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnt
Tim,

I have a Maximizer on order. What Palm models does it work with it? Can I just go get the cheapest one?

Also what tach wire does it tap into for RPM? In my case I won't be putting this on an LS1. It's going on a GTP. Do you have any tips as far as setting it up right? To give you some background, I currently have a low 11's GTP that I'm adding a NX DP system to with NXLs, dual noids, genx-2, etc. I will be tuning it in on a dyno with a wideband, but I sure could use any getting started tips as to how to initially set it up.

John
i got mine off of ebay for a 100.00 its a palm 130m it works great!
Old 05-16-2004, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Default controller

Go to http://www.fjoracing.com/ and they have a lot of very useful information on the controller. They are the ones who make it for NX. You can even download the software first and see what all it does. It even has a setting where it will shut the nitrous if your o2 sensors drop below a voltage you set. It will also log a wideband o2 you can buy from them. You can also have it control a timing retard device when you program it to. It is really a flixible little unit. Call FJOs tech line if you have any questions. They really know their stuff. Good luck
Old 05-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 6speeder
Go to http://www.fjoracing.com/ and they have a lot of very useful information on the controller. They are the ones who make it for NX. You can even download the software first and see what all it does. It even has a setting where it will shut the nitrous if your o2 sensors drop below a voltage you set. It will also log a wideband o2 you can buy from them. You can also have it control a timing retard device when you program it to. It is really a flixible little unit. Call FJOs tech line if you have any questions. They really know their stuff. Good luck
Thanks 6speeder, that's a good site. I downloaded a bunch of stuff to play with. But now of course I have more questions. They show a second box called a progressive solenoid driver. Does that come with the maximizer or is that something extra? I would think it should come as part of the kit but I never saw that mentioned before.

John
Old 05-17-2004, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

That does come with the maximizer. It goes under your hood basically while the larger box goes inside the passenger compartment. The controller(larger) one basically tells the driver (smaller one)what to do. I would tell you more, but I haven't put mine on yet. I can't wait to see what I think of it.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Teching In

I got mine installed today and works great! Easy to change settings, and a lot of fun using!
Old 05-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, 6speed, I would have posted the FJO site as well. The FJO guys really are very helpful (much more so than NX).
Hope you guys enjoy the unit.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like we are finally gettting some real world knowledge of what this controller does. It has been out almost a year now, and this is the 1st I've read of someone actually using it and giving us details. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Teching In

How much did you guys pay for the new NX maximizer?

All the prices I find on the net are for the old maximizer, which was not controlled by a Palm.

Search this Thread