Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous dyno results

Well, some of you have been following our nitrous installation this winter. The basics are we are have a 2004 Corvette coupe with bolt-ons and an IHRA Pure Stock legal stock lift/duration cam. Yank SS4000, 3.90, ARH 1 & 7/8", ... NA car made 372 to the rear wheels and has gone a best of 11.58 @ 114 with a 1.50 50'

We added a Nitrous Outlet wet plate kit along with a NANO system. NOS RPM WOT controller, LNC 2000, FPS, etc.

With 62/36 (150) it made 512 to the wheels however Stephen at East Texas Muscle Cars aborted the run because of lean condition. We put more fuel in it by going up to a 39 fuel jet but it didn't help. Tried to go to 52/31 (100) and it made 492 (120 over NA) but was stilll lean. Long story short we figured out the stock fuel pump couldn't keep up and it wouldn't allow a steady AFR so we never made a complete full pull. I picked up a Kenne Bell BAP and will add that and go back.

Kudos to Stephen at East Texas Muscle Cars and Brandon at Nitrous Outlet. Stephen pulled plugs, cut them apart, sent pictures to Brandon, called Brandon on the phone ... These two worked on trying to tune this thing for almost 5 hours on and off when I know it was my fault for not having the fuel system up to par to be able to go 500+ to the wheels. Both of these gentlemen went above and beyond "normal" customer service and I sincerly appreiciate all of their efforts.

If you have any tuning needs go see Stephen in Longview, Texas and for your nitrous needs call Brandon. We'll add the BAP and head back over soon and I know we'll get it in the 520'ish range safely.

Scott
Old 04-19-2014, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

nice numbers, should run great on the track when you get it lined out. I'm ready to see what it runs! I plan to start my install with in the next couple of weeks, its almost the same as yours but ill do a dedicated fuel cell and a second stage. Do you know if nitrous outlet does tuning in there shop?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thank you. We're trying to see how close to the 9s we can get before we go H/C.

To my knowledge Nitrous Outlet doesn't do tuning on site but I'm not 100% sure of that. Your tuner could communicate with them via phone and/or email though like we did yesterday. I know after my tuner talked to Brandon on the phone (for like 20 minutes) and sent him an email with plug pictures and a photo of the dyno ARF graph Brandon called us back and talked to him again for several minutes.

I know personally I plan to keep stepping up over time: hopefully forged one day, a dedicated fuel system, a second stage, and more nitrous ... and I'll ALWAYS use Nitrous Outlet for everything that I need.

Scott
Old 04-21-2014, 09:51 AM
10 Second Club

Define lean?

Even though you were potentially running out of pump I was running a 93n/39f on a Nitrous outlet plate.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TeEnAgE pHeNoM
Define lean?

Even though you were potentially running out of pump I was running a 93n/39f on a Nitrous outlet plate.
Over 14.0
Old 04-23-2014, 03:14 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah. Need to be in the 12.6-13.2 range.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Numbers are pretty good
Old 04-24-2014, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Numbers are pretty good
Thanks. Superchargers seem to be the "in" thing to do these days and you can't argue with the numbers they make all the time. However, we didn't have $5K sitting around to do one. We're in this entire kit for just over $1K (it was new but got it from another forum member). I keep hearing how tricky nitrous systems can be but we're going to do our homework and make this work. I think we can get pretty darn close to running 9s with the stock LS1.

Scott

Quick Reply: nitrous dyno results