Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 stage direct port w/plate kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2 stage direct port w/plate kit questions

Question is for the nitrous guys in the 8s as far as; when to bring in each stage and how much per stage. It's a 6 speed car and yes everything is built etc. With the suspension setup I'm hoping for very low 10s high 9s on motor.

I could be totally wrong, but I was going to start with 150 out the hole and if it hooks good go to 200 and up till I can't hook then step it back. Last time I was involved in anything like this it was a power glide car. I think 300-350hp worth of nitrous should get me there car trapped 132mph last time on motor, 400hp shot is really the max I'd like to have to go up to. I'm sure tons of other people have done with 6 speeds so if you are one of them how did you get it done.
Typed on cell so I'm sure it's riddled with errors my bad.

After much discussion more nitrous will be called for starting with 400hp minimum shot now. New intake puck system, then direct port taking over after 1st when the puck shuts off. This is going to be a make it or blow it up proposition. I know there is only 1 possibly 2 people that have hit the 8s nitrous w/6 speed. Not even sure home many attempts I will get before the motor goes. Based on that how much gas should I realistically have? I think with 400hp I could get a decent amount of passes but don't know if it will do the trick? I mean I could go to a 500hp shot and truly it could bust on the fist pass, or I might get several who knows. If you have done this before which option would you go for? This is my last hurrah with nitrous once this is done car is getting chassis and glide.

Last edited by 1LSWON; 04-21-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changed my WOT switch I'll give my report on its actual function once the car is done. Instead of using one of the micro switches with the arm I'm using a floor starter switch like in an old jeep or bronco. It's mounted behind the gas peddle arm. In my tests it has worked great and takes way more abuse than the micro switches. The reason for the switch of switches is I had a bolt fall out of my TB mounted micro switch and it stuck my throttle about 50% WO. Then I moved it behind the gas peddle arm arm and kept bending and breaking them etc.

Quick Reply: 2 stage direct port w/plate kit questions