Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob to Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob to Nitrous

Well my friend needed money so he gave me a steal on a nitrous kit that he was going to put on his car. I got a whole Nos wet fogger kit for $160 with a brand new bottle.

Now my car is a 98 Formula with bolts ons, a yank 3600, and a built FLT trans. Tuned by speed inc.

Now this kit came with the bottle and mounts, one long line for the nitrous, a short line for the fuel that connects to the schrader valve, both solenoids, some jets, a purge, some buttons, a fogger, and a relay block that is missing the relay that my friend said he would give me.

First question: The jet sizes marked on the jets are 051 and 033. My friend said the guy told him that it is for a 100 shot. I have no clue I got some more reading to do on this. What would those jets be shot wise and which one goes to fuel and which goes to nitrous?

Second question: Anyone know the part number for the relay i need? I got a feeling my friend miss placed it and i wont be seeing it.

Third question: If I don't spray it often, and I mean like once every other month, will I be fine without pulling timing? Im looking at MOST only shooting a 100 shot. This isn't something I plan on using all the time.

Forth question: How much do you think I can sell this kit for? The bottle is new and everything else looks slightly used. I really dont think nitrous is for me. I'm just looking for something to play with until I do my stroker 408 build in the winter. I want to shoot my car once just to see. Other than that I would probably just sell it.

After posting this I will be reading through the forum to learn more about nitrous. I dont plan on spraying my car without full knowledge of what Im doing. Any advice will be appreciated
Old 07-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bigger jet is the nitrous one. You can use a standard 40 or 60 amp relay, found here..

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/15515-...l-harness.html

A brand new single nozzle kit sells for around 450-750$ depending on the setup, and that is complete with a bottle.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks,
Garrett

Quick Reply: Noob to Nitrous