Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX "chemical X" additive- power loss NA, same on juice...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX "chemical X" additive- power loss NA, same on juice...

I bought some of the NX chemical X additive as some extra insurance against detonation, plus to see if it really makes the extra HP calimed.

My car has consistently trapped at 111.7-112.6 NA dependent on DA which is usually 1300-2000 when I go to the track (car is an A4). On a 100 shot consistently traps 122-123.

Last trip to the track with the "chemical X", 1350 DA, trapped 109 NA on back to back runs, then on a 100 shot trapped 122-123. on the next 4 runs.

I wonder if the car makes less power NA because it is not burning the higher octane completely? If so wouldn't the same apply to the bottle runs?

I'm anxious to go back without the additive to see if I pich up the NA MPH again.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

that could be the reason for the NA power loss but the nitrous shouldn't really from the NA but its possible that the nitrous is running a bit lean and the situation with the higher octane might not have affected the nitrous passes.

Maybe?

I'm just guessing on this.

Josh S.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

I don't know about that Chemical X stuff. They make some pretty odd claims with it.

500% reduction in wear? That would mean it is actually adding material back onto the cylinder walls. You can only reduce up to 100%....

Until I see some scientific information on it I'll assume it's snake oil.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Every time to the track without changes can have varences in times.If you wanted an accurate result you should have waited till you made a run on the same day without the chemical X and then with the chemical X.Weather and track conditions vary time to time.I always used the chemical X whewn spraying on the street.With out it it would clatter.I ran 104 at the track.
Dave
Old 05-21-2004, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

As in any fuel additive if the engine wants and needs it you will see a gain. I have used the product as a safety window when using pump gas. Not sure if it helps the higher octane fuels.

Quick Reply: NX "chemical X" additive- power loss NA, same on juice...