Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Starter Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good Starter Kit?

Hey I was just juggling the idea of doing nitrous when I did a fast 102 and bigger injectors on my ls1. if I go with a fast 102 what all would I need to spray with it? is there a certain 'Kit' or would I have to order individual parts and what all would I need to put the juice to it? I'm new to the nitrous world so any help would be very welcome.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still a nitrous rookie but il try to help, first decide if u wanna go wet or dry, wet is fuel mixed with nitrous before injected, dry sprays just nitrous and ur fuel system adds extra fuel.
u can vo with nozzles, or a plate.
best advice ii van give ya, contact nitrous outlet directly, they can set u up for exactly what u want/need.
i pm'd brandon@nitrous outlet in this forum, a couple days and few emails and i had a proffesional quote and placed an order, alk safety gear included.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest that you go with something like a Nitrous Express plate kit "which is a wet shot". I believe they make one to fit that intake. It goes between the throttle body and intake. A plate would give you better atomization and distribution than a nozzle. I also suggest it because I prefer wet kits over a dry kit because all you depend on is the fuel pump being able to keep up, as opposed to depending on the injectors and fuel pump..... just my 2¢
Old 09-07-2014, 09:10 PM
74u
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A wet kit also depends upon a fuel solenoid to supply fuel...debatable what is more reliable between the solenoid and fuel injector.

Both systems have their advantages, and set up properly both work great.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

We make a really nice bolt on plate system for the 102mm setup. Heres a link to it...

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20933-...lb-bottle.html

You could also do a single nozzle system that mounts in the intake tube...

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20421-...lb-bottle.html

Both of these systems are complete with everything you need, including a bottle. They do not include any accessories but they do have everything you need to get started. For accessories I would recommend a heater to keep bottle pressure, and an RPM window switch to make everything a little safer.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you need forum pricing on these items.

-Garrett
Old 09-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
We make a really nice bolt on plate system for the 102mm setup. Heres a link to it...

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20933-...lb-bottle.html

You could also do a single nozzle system that mounts in the intake tube...

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20421-...lb-bottle.html

Both of these systems are complete with everything you need, including a bottle. They do not include any accessories but they do have everything you need to get started. For accessories I would recommend a heater to keep bottle pressure, and an RPM window switch to make everything a little safer.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you need forum pricing on these items.

-Garrett
My tuner said to go with the wet kit because that's what he runs on his ls2 GTO. I also like the fact that it seems much less of a headache than a dry shot. Say I was going with a 100-150 shot would I need a new fuel pump? is the wet safer than a dry kit? I don't want to destroy anything the block is all stock other than cam, oil pump and chain.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by freaky57fast
My tuner said to go with the wet kit because that's what he runs on his ls2 GTO. I also like the fact that it seems much less of a headache than a dry shot. Say I was going with a 100-150 shot would I need a new fuel pump? is the wet safer than a dry kit? I don't want to destroy anything the block is all stock other than cam, oil pump and chain.
On a completely stock LS1 we were able to spray 200 with the factory fuel pump. Being that you are modded, you may look into another fuel pump. I imagine you could probably run 100 shot with no issues at the pump. A wet system is easier to setup definitely, and the fuel enrichment is provided through the fuel solenoid instead of the injectors. A dry system could be just as safe, if the tuner knows what he is doing. (Which I'm sure he does.) I will tell you that about 90% of the systems we sell for LS cars are wet systems.

-Garrett
Old 09-30-2014, 02:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

On a completely stock LS1 we were able to spray 200 with the factory fuel pump. Being that you are modded, you may look into another fuel pump. I imagine you could probably run 100 shot with no issues at the pump. A wet system is easier to setup definitely, and the fuel enrichment is provided through the fuel solenoid instead of the injectors. A dry system could be just as safe, if the tuner knows what he is doing. (Which I'm sure he does.) I will tell you that about 90% of the systems we sell for LS cars are wet systems.

-Garrett
I'm new to nitrous on LS1 and EFI engines in general...I was looking at the 05168NOS kit, wet adjustable to 150hp. What changes need to be made to the tune to run a small shot like 75 or 100 on these cars?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:51 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Camaro396
I'm new to nitrous on LS1 and EFI engines in general...I was looking at the 05168NOS kit, wet adjustable to 150hp. What changes need to be made to the tune to run a small shot like 75 or 100 on these cars?
The main thing is pulling timing. (2* per 50hp).

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 09-30-2014, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The main thing is pulling timing. (2* per 50hp).

Thanks,
Garrett

Pm coming.

Last edited by Camaro396; 09-30-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Good Starter Kit?