Sponsored by:

Thinking about going 2 stage

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking about going 2 stage

Wanted some opinions on this.
I have a nitrous outlet 78mm plate kit that I have put 2 bottles thru. Thinking about adding a dry stage 50-75 hp jetting. I already have it jetted for 100 shot. What all will I need?

Currently have a nitrous outlet plate with a 10lb bottle, tick performance 2stage window switch.
I'm thinking I will need/want a fpss. Also will need nitrous solenoid and y distribution block. Also will need nozzle and line to complete the kit. Any other ideas or suggestions to run this setup.

Idea behind this thinking is to dry spray from 3000-6000rpm and engage wet stage at 4000-6200 rpm. Less shock to drivetrain is the idea.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:13 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A fpss is definitely an added safety feature. You can just run a second dry stage, all you would need is a y-fitting, some jets, a solenoid, a line, and a nozzle. (As you mentioned.)

Honestly though, as much as all that stuff is going to cost you, you could almost just get a progressive controller and set it up, and not have to hassle with two stages, thats up to you though.

Let us know if you have anymore questions!

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 10-15-2014, 08:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/efi-nit...onversion.html
Check out this link. We sell a dry 2nd stage conversion that comes with everything you need to go to a 2nd dry stage. do you have a dual stage controller already?
Old 10-15-2014, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
A fpss is definitely an added safety feature. You can just run a second dry stage, all you would need is a y-fitting, some jets, a solenoid, a line, and a nozzle. (As you mentioned.)

Honestly though, as much as all that stuff is going to cost you, you could almost just get a progressive controller and set it up, and not have to hassle with two stages, thats up to you though.

Let us know if you have anymore questions!

Thanks,
Garrett
I considered progressive but I like the idea of a having a dry shot for rare street usage and going 2 stage for track days. Still considering progressive tho.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/efi-nit...onversion.html
Check out this link. We sell a dry 2nd stage conversion that comes with everything you need to go to a 2nd dry stage. do you have a dual stage controller already?
I seen that kit and looks like it's exactly what I would need.
Yes I have a dual stage controller already and I like the functions it has. Multiple gear lock out for separate stages and overall works great.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Would it be worth it to run two bottles at the same time or just buy a another bottle to swap out when my current one goes empty?
Old 10-15-2014, 09:06 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotcha. Well either way I am sure it will be fine. If you are going to be doing alot of street/roll racing with no down time then you may consider going to a 15lb bottle or adding a second one, like you said. Even on 175hp you will still only use 1.4lb every 10 seconds.

-Garrett
Old 10-15-2014, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the suggestions and info guys. Looks like I got a plan of attack

Quick Reply: Thinking about going 2 stage