Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats Better--dry Shot-wet Shot?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats Better--dry Shot-wet Shot?

hey guys!! i am wondering what is better a NOS dry manifold kit,or a TNT wet kit? what one will be better for my engine with stock internals? i dont want to hurt it?please help,o by the way my car is a 2000 trans am ws6 with the ls1 in it
Old 05-25-2004, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just some advice..do a LOT of searching before you get started. There are plentiful amounts of threads in regards to this question in the nitrous section. I have the wet kit and i LOVE it. I always say wetter is better no but seriously do your research first becuase the juice can be fun if properly installed and tuned. Look into the things other than what you see in the "kit" that you might need..bigger fuel pump,plugs,window switch,fuel safety switch,etcc. I vote for a wet kit but it just depends on how big you want to go and what your future plans are. Chances are youll want more later so get a good one and dont skimp out the first time. youll thank yourself later, and never be afraid to ask a question about any of the components of the setup you have/want..theres no such thing as a stupid question..ive asked some questions that others probably think im an idiot for asking but youll get your answer and most of the time no one will flame on you for wanting to expand your knowlede. good luck
matt
Old 05-25-2004, 03:58 AM
Teching In

He's Right.. Wetter is better... I have a buddy who ran a dry system till his ECM didn't quite add enough fuel and he cooked the back two pistons. With a wet system there will be fuel pushed anytime there is NO2 pushed. It's just safer. Wet systems are a little more expensive and a little longer to install but you can go alot higher alot easier. I can't imagine a 300 dry shot... And is it really worth the risk? Are you willing to bet your entire motor that your computer is NEVER WRONG. It only needs one mistake...
Old 05-25-2004, 05:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I personally like the TNT wet kit the most for LS1's.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:39 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im another vote for Dry on a 150 shot or less. Any more and you probably want a direct port anyway. I get 150 rwhp from the 5177 kit
Old 05-25-2004, 08:41 AM
Launching!

Either Wet or Dry will work nicely. Be sure to read up on each type of kit and get an understanding of how the systems work. Each system has trade-offs and the arguement can go on and on. Buy or borrow a scan tool regardless of what kit you get. This will almost assure you that your engine is tuned/running correctly when you spray (a wideband dyno on the spray would be best).
Old 05-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

alright but will it hurt my engine?????