Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Leaking past Cheater Solenoid!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile Fuel Leaking past Cheater Solenoid!

So I just put a used universal EFI wet kit NOS 5131 to be exact which is a Pro shot NX noid and a Cheater Fuel running into the NOS soft plume nozzle, I currently am running the 125hp jets 65N and 38F. After I plumbed the kit and blipped it a few times the car became hard to start after sitting for 10-30 minutes, and a strong odor of fuel. I think I have figured that the fuel solenoid is leaking down, I have about 55 Pounds of fuel pressure off the rail, I checked it with a fuel pressure gauge, I am unaware of just how old this nos kit is, one thing, the bottle is of the blue anodize finish and not the blue painted style, so I bet it's less than 5 years old. Has anyone else had this happen? Any help appreciated.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There might be a piece of trash in the piston inside, causing it to hang open. I would try and take it apart and look.

-Garrett
Old 11-17-2014, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

The solenoid should be closed... so take the "out" fitting off the fuel solenoid and verify if it is leaking or not. If it is, disassemble it and clean it out. If it's not "leaking" by, then start checking the plugs. You could have fouled them during your test.

James
Old 11-25-2014, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

I cleaned the solenoid, all good now. Solenoid piston looks brand new. Been awhile probably since its seen fuel. Its a real beast on the spray. Or it feels that way
Old 11-26-2014, 08:30 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bryan28
I cleaned the solenoid, all good now. Solenoid piston looks brand new. Been awhile probably since its seen fuel. Its a real beast on the spray. Or it feels that way

Good! Glad you got everything sorted out.

-Garrett

Quick Reply: Fuel Leaking past Cheater Solenoid!