Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

plugs question again.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plugs question again.

br7ef. i ran them on my ls3 camaro and it ran fine. traded and did same mods on a ls3 vette and it runs like crap. with them. i gapped them at 035. think i should shorten that gap up to 032 or so. car runs great on tr6. but its def to hot of a plug. alrdy melted 2 down in 1 pass on a 150 shot with 8* pulled. 6 on my camaro was fine. both same amount of timnig. any suggestions ?

im talkin about on motor and dd it its not running smooth at all. low rpm miss from time to time. nothing i cant live with. would rather keep the br7's in, then melt more plugs.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dekan513
br7ef. i ran them on my ls3 camaro and it ran fine. traded and did same mods on a ls3 vette and it runs like crap. with them. i gapped them at 035. think i should shorten that gap up to 032 or so. car runs great on tr6. but its def to hot of a plug. alrdy melted 2 down in 1 pass on a 150 shot with 8* pulled. 6 on my camaro was fine. both same amount of timnig. any suggestions ?

im talkin about on motor and dd it its not running smooth at all. low rpm miss from time to time. nothing i cant live with. would rather keep the br7's in, then melt more plugs.

Your tuner needs to add about 4-5 degrees of timing at idle to keep plugs clean. Gap needs to be .028-.030 on nitrous up to .073 jet.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Launching!

It just sounds like your tune needs cleaned up a little. You can totally drive on a br7ef daily. Gaping them tighter isn't going to help this. I also don't feel you should be eating the end off the tr6's even though its not the correct plug for you. What's your total timing, are your heads milled, what's your jetting? What do your plugs look like? I would pull 2 more degrees until you get it all lined out. Did this just start in this cool crisp air?
Old 12-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dynospeed
It just sounds like your tune needs cleaned up a little. You can totally drive on a br7ef daily. Gaping them tighter isn't going to help this. I also don't feel you should be eating the end off the tr6's even though its not the correct plug for you. What's your total timing, are your heads milled, what's your jetting? What do your plugs look like? I would pull 2 more degrees until you get it all lined out. Did this just start in this cool crisp air?
I definitely agree with this statement. It wouldn't hurt to close up that gap to about .030 to .032 though next time the plugs are out. Normally too much plug gap leads to spark blowout.

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 12-31-2014, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im just gonna have it retuned. ya im gonna close them up. but on the tr6 my timing mark was about 1/8 from the treads to hot. i ran 110 and 93 mixed half and half thta day to. yep when it cooled off. but it was also the first test at the track sprayin 100 full length aswell. had been progressing.
on a .078 jet im stepping up to when i retune. with a low pressure dedicated tank. what jet size would be best to start with on fuel. i got 5-14 psi to play around to clean it up with.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: plugs question again.