Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand alone setup for nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stand alone setup for nitrous

So I'm going to a one gallon stand alone fuel cell for my nitrous finally. I don't think I can safely pull the fuel I'll need from the rail anymore.

I already have the fuel cell. I'm just deciding on a low or high pressure fuel pump and regulator. I've been told a low pressure pump won't require a return line so I'll have less plumbing to do.

So which would you use? Any suggestions on brands? Thanks ahead of time.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GiggleJuiced_SS
So I'm going to a one gallon stand alone fuel cell for my nitrous finally. I don't think I can safely pull the fuel I'll need from the rail anymore.

I already have the fuel cell. I'm just deciding on a low or high pressure fuel pump and regulator. I've been told a low pressure pump won't require a return line so I'll have less plumbing to do.

So which would you use? Any suggestions on brands? Thanks ahead of time.
I would think low pressure would be cheaper to do. You would just have to flow the fuel to get proper jetting for your kit. Also a return can act like a purge for the fuel solenoid if plumbed properly. So no lean spike on the hit.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:01 PM
9 Second Club

if you have a 1 gallon cell then there isnt much of a return line at all. I have a return on mine and there is no line, just fittings as the regulator is mounted right on the cell.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

As recommended earlier, it is best to run a return back to the tank from the solenoid if you are going to run a low pressure dead headed style regulator. Where are you planning on running the fuel cell?
Old 01-10-2015, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going to try to put it under the hood if possible. Worse case I'll end up putting it where the spare tire was.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I plan on getting a SAFE system and putting it in the driver side rear well instead of where the spare is. See if you can get it to fit there and you can keep the spare area for you nitrous bottle
Old 01-10-2015, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I run dual bottles off the deck lid right behind the seat lol. Hence why my windows are tinted dark lol. So my spare tire area is open lol.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:04 PM
9 Second Club

I'm going to be selling my Nitrous Express standalone 15004 its set up for efi pressure and I also have the low pressure spring. Havent run a gallon thru it yet. Going Turbo now.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:06 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bowtiedford
I'm going to be selling my Nitrous Express standalone 15004 its set up for efi pressure and I also have the low pressure spring. Havent run a gallon thru it yet. Going Turbo now.
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/15004-...-methanol.html

This is a great piece. It is also interchangeable from low and hi pressure. Out of the box it is a return style setup that returns into the tank right out of the bottom of the regulator.

The cool thing is, it fits right in a battery tray.

Maybe you could score one for a good price off this guy. ^^

I will tell you it is a great piece and one of our top sellers, and it simplifies the fuel source for your nitrous system.

-Garrett
Old 01-14-2015, 09:01 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I always understood low pressure vs. high pressure to be more about the size jet you can use, not the need or not for a return line.

Low pressure you can use a much larger jet so that it doesn't run the risk of getting clogged and other issues. They are also typically easier to tune from what I understand.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:20 AM
9 Second Club

I've had both and the setup I have now is high pressure, never had any problems with either. Tuning well to me it was the same, the high pressure was a little more easier for me as a few pounds here or there wasnt a big swing while the low pressure a pound difference was huge. its a percent thing. Clogs? I always maintained mine and checked the filters. The return, I used it on both as its easier on the pumps and I saw more consistent fuel pressure when the nitrous was first hit.

Quick Reply: Stand alone setup for nitrous