Sponsored by:

ls1 intake vs single plane

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 intake vs single plane

hello

Im restricted to a 5.3 in my category. I want to spray 250 max.
budget is thight so I want to know if you have sprayed 250 on a 3 bolt late or preffer using a direct port.

by the way... do you think that i can get a great gain going to a vic jr intake suppsing is the same 5.3, 250 shot and a cam for each set up.

thanks
Old 01-09-2015, 03:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

There have been guys go bottom 9's on our 78mm plate with stock bottom end LS1's. But if it were me, I would go with a carb style intake like the Victor Jr. and run our Stinger plate. The distribution from this setup will far surpass any plate setup on a plastic efi style intake, be easier to tune and keep the motor happier. That's not even including the gains from the intake alone. I would get with one of the sponsors here to spec out a custom cam to get the most gains. Let me know if you need any help!
Old 01-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems 250 is pushing the limits of a plate. #7 if I remember right is often compermized at the 225-300 hp range spraying the front of the intake. Like Brandon said the Victor Jr. has many benefits and some added safety for the bigger shots.

If budget is of concern you should be just fine with the stock intake. Then with a little luck or if you can get away with 200 or 225 shot you should have no worries.

Quick Reply: ls1 intake vs single plane