Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LNC-2000 and no lift shifting...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LNC-2000 and no lift shifting...

I am thinking about adding a LNC-2000 to my setup for the launch control as well as the timing pull. My leash nitrous board has a provision for the launch control to prevent the nitrous from being active when the launch control is active...this should also allow me to do WOT shifting.

Does anyone have experience using no lift shifting with nitrous and this unit?
Old 02-19-2015, 01:55 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

'scribed.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

How would it allow flat foot shifting? Launch control and flat foot shifting are very different.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wired up to the clutch switch. Anytime you depress the clutch the two step activates and the max rpm is whatever your launch rpm is set to.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

I have a momentary switch wired in the 2 step activation. So you push in the clutch and hit the button and you are on the 2-step. Let go of either and the limiter is removed.

My car would backfire when the 2-step activated on a shift.

I have a faceplated T56 so it shifts like butter @ WOT on the bottle.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been trying to find a definitive answer to this question too. I was looking at using an MSD 2-step to cut the ignition on upshift. My understanding is the MSD has an rpm based delay built into it to prevent it from being used this way. There is a no-lift-shift box available from a small company that will do it wot but not at part throttle. I was going to buy the lnc2000 to see if I could get it to work for this, just got caught up in some projects at work. Good luck
Old 02-24-2015, 01:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default 2-step for torque cut on no-lift-shift

You can't use the MSD 2-step to do a torque cut on the gear changes because they use a latched logic on the RPM signal to stop it from activated once you leave the line. With the MSD the RPM must drop lower than it would normally drop on a shift in order to reset this "latched" logic.

The Lingenfelter LNC products don't use this "latched" logic. That means they will torque cut each time you activate them. This means they can be used to perform a torque cut on the gear change if you have them activated by the clutch switch/clutch position sensor.

Because we don't use a "latched logic" is also the reason you need a MPH switch or some other device with the Lingenfelter LNC line of 2-steps if you don't want it to activate once you are moving.

A couple of notes regarding clutch switch activation:
On older GM vehicles (pre 2008) most vehicles had two clutch switches. One at the top of the travel for cruise control and then another one at the bottom of the travel for starter disable. Be careful using the top switch to activate/deactivate the LNC or any other device. This switch bounces around a lot so it can activate/deactivate on the line or while going down the track due to vibration/acceleration.
On many 2008 and newer GM vehicles they no longer have a clutch switch but a clutch position sensor that is similar to a throttle position sensor. This device provides the ECM with clutch pedal position anywhere in the travel. This means you don't have a switched output to plug into. On these vehicles you will either need to add your own microswitch to the clutch pedal or you can use a device like our CTAP-001 to turn the clutch position into a switched output. The nice thing about the clutch position sensor is that now you can choose to activate/deactivate the 2-step exactly where you want in the clutch pedal travel.

Originally Posted by GSAWYERS
I've been trying to find a definitive answer to this question too. I was looking at using an MSD 2-step to cut the ignition on upshift. My understanding is the MSD has an rpm based delay built into it to prevent it from being used this way. There is a no-lift-shift box available from a small company that will do it wot but not at part throttle. I was going to buy the lnc2000 to see if I could get it to work for this, just got caught up in some projects at work. Good luck
Old 02-24-2015, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
You can't use the MSD 2-step to do a torque cut on the gear changes because they use a latched logic on the RPM signal to stop it from activated once you leave the line. With the MSD the RPM must drop lower than it would normally drop on a shift in order to reset this "latched" logic.

The Lingenfelter LNC products don't use this "latched" logic. That means they will torque cut each time you activate them. This means they can be used to perform a torque cut on the gear change if you have them activated by the clutch switch/clutch position sensor.

Because we don't use a "latched logic" is also the reason you need a MPH switch or some other device with the Lingenfelter LNC line of 2-steps if you don't want it to activate once you are moving.

On older GM vehicles (pre 2008) most vehicles had two clutch switches. One at the top of the travel for cruise control and then another one at the bottom of the travel for starter disable. Be careful using the top switch to activate/deactivate the LNC or any other device. This switch bounces around a lot so it can activate/deactivate on the line or while going down the track due to vibration/acceleration.
On many 2008 and newer GM vehicles they no longer have a clutch switch but a clutch position sensor that is similar to a throttle position sensor. This device provides the ECM with clutch pedal position anywhere in the travel. This means you don't have a switched output to plug into. On these vehicles you will either need to add your own microswitch to the clutch pedal or you can use a device like our CTAP-001 to turn the clutch position into a switched output. The nice thing about the clutch position sensor is that now you can choose to activate/deactivate the 2-step exactly where you want in the clutch pedal travel.
Thank you, exactly the information I needed. I'll have one ordered in the next couple days.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE

I just ordered one. If questions come up it is nice to know you will be easy to contact.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

So has long as your nitrous is deactivated by the clutch should be good and window switch is working.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
So has long as your nitrous is deactivated by the clutch should be good and window switch is working.
Agreed. I would wire up the clutch to kill the activation to the controller.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
The leash board has this provision built into it...I just have to wire it up.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default clutch based nitrous disable

The Lingenfelter NCC-002 nitrous controller has this as well. It can even read the clutch position sensor voltage on the newer vehicles to deactivate the nitrous based on that input value (along with TPS, RPM, MPH etc).

Originally Posted by slammin86
The leash board has this provision built into it...I just have to wire it up.

Quick Reply: LNC-2000 and no lift shifting...