Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

testing fuel spray on a wet shot...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 03:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default testing fuel spray on a wet shot...

i read somewhere on here not too long ago about a guy activating the nitrous and then going WOT but with the bottle empty/closed. so it only sprays the fuel. he said he was making sure it would bog due to the extra fuel being sprayed. is this safe? i have all my stuff installed now and wanted to make sure the fuel would spray like it should before i go spraying the nitrous. i had heard about the "nitrous backfires" where fuel can puddle in the intake and i didnt want that to happen. let me know what you guys think
Old 06-01-2004, 08:35 AM
TECH Junkie

i did that to test that my fuel solenoid was working. just bypass the window switch (if u have one), let the car idle, activate the system, then press the WOT switch with your hand for a split second, and you'll hear the solenoids click and the engine bog down a bit.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

When I test mine I :

Shut off the bottle!
Jumper the "start pill" port on the window switch
disconnect the fuel line from the nozzle
put the nozzle into a container
arm the system
trigger the microswitch with my finger or have a buddy floor the pedal

If it flows fuel you're good to go.This way you also don't have to worry about fuel puddling in your intake and such.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i tested them on the car, i just made sure not to do both at the same time. first i tested the nitrous and then the fuel several minutes after. this is safe but i disconnected the coil packs anyway since they are so easy.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys, i ended up just taking the intake off and spraying it that way..so nothing went down into the motor. everything worked..so i was good to go.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TNT says to test the whole system by arming the kit, reving the motor to 3,000 rpm then having a buddy tap the throttle switch and without moving the pedal the car should rev up on its own then back down by itself. Sounds hairy to me , but i guess that is a good way to see if everthing is working. But they still want you to test both noids and hear if the click when the car isn't running before doing the test with the car running. Thats gonna be a problem for me, i plan on using the NX TPS switch..lol.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

id feel much safer spraying without the car being on...dont know how the TNT setup is but on the NX..you can simply take lines out of the intake and spray them into a towel or something to make sure both are working properly. dont know what to say about the TPS..i dont have that. i have the microswitch behind the throttle body where i can simply click it.