Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous kit for 02SS with torquer 2 cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous kit for 02SS with torquer 2 cam

Im going to be getting a nitrous kit in the near future. I have a 02 35thle a4 SS installed in the car right now is a torquer 2 113lsa with hooker long tubes, tsp ory, slp lm2, volant cai and tune. I know i will also need to upgrade the fuel system as well. Id just like to get some feed back about which kit is best and all the supporting mods i will need. I wanna spray a 100 or 125 shot
Old 05-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Left out the yank ss3600 my car has also
Old 05-14-2015, 03:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I like NX and Nitrous Outlet personally. Just a basic wet kit will be your best bet
Old 05-14-2015, 07:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My opinion would be to do it right and get a complete plate kit from either Nitrous Outlet or Nitrous Express (both sponsors on this site who have great products and great customer service). A plate kit will be a cleaner look, and because the nitrous/fuel gets dispersed more evenly, will be easier to tune and be more consistent.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:51 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buddy35thle
Im going to be getting a nitrous kit in the near future. I have a 02 35thle a4 SS installed in the car right now is a torquer 2 113lsa with hooker long tubes, tsp ory, slp lm2, volant cai and tune. I know i will also need to upgrade the fuel system as well. Id just like to get some feed back about which kit is best and all the supporting mods i will need. I wanna spray a 100 or 125 shot
We make plate systems and nozzle systems for your setup. Either one would work great for 100 or 125hp, its mainly a visual preference between the plate and nozzle. If you have any questions or need a quote send me a PM! Which intake manifold are you running?

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 05-14-2015, 09:20 AM
FormerVendor

What intake and throttle body are you using?
Old 05-14-2015, 09:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by buddy35thle
Are you running the factory LS6 intake? Our 78mm F-Body specific plate system is a proven performer!

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gm-98-0...te-system.html

To go along with the main system, I would recommend for you to get a purge kit, bottle heater and some sort of window switch at a minimum. You will need a way to pull timing as well. Our accessory packages make buying your accessories easy. We bundle all of our most commonly sold items together and give you a discount for buying them all at once. Check out these links and let me know if you have any questions:
Accessory Packages:
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...-packages.html

Window Switch:
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/electro...ow-switch.html

LNC-2000 Timing Box w/ 2-Step:
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/electro...ontroller.html

Spark Plugs(BR7EF):
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/electro...ps-colder.html
Old 05-14-2015, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this thread is right up my alley. i want a NDNO plate kit for my 99ss with ls6 intake manifold. i don't have any experience with nitrous so i could use some guidance when it comes to making a well rounded package that is safe for the individual as well as the car. i have a stock crank, eagle rods and wiseco pistons. whats the general consensus on jetting the kit for a 200 hp gain? foolish or let her rip?
Old 05-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by jdoyle
this thread is right up my alley. i want a NDNO plate kit for my 99ss with ls6 intake manifold. i don't have any experience with nitrous so i could use some guidance when it comes to making a well rounded package that is safe for the individual as well as the car. i have a stock crank, eagle rods and wiseco pistons. whats the general consensus on jetting the kit for a 200 hp gain? foolish or let her rip?
We have sprayed 300+ on basically the same setup. I can get you a quote written and will beat anybody's price, as well as offer you reliable tech advice.

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 05-14-2015, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
We have sprayed 300+ on basically the same setup. I can get you a quote written and will beat anybody's price, as well as offer you reliable tech advice.

Thanks,
Garrett
email sent.

Nitrous Outlet folks, I'd really like to hear from you as well since you guys are in the Houston, DFW, Austin triangle.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:04 PM
FormerVendor

I don't see a problem with running a 200 shot but just stay mindful of the supporting mods needed to do that. Fuel supply would be the main concern. From there, pulling the correct amount of timing and then being on the right spark plug. If you ever want to stop by, feel free! I'll show you around.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
I don't see a problem with running a 200 shot but just stay mindful of the supporting mods needed to do that. Fuel supply would be the main concern. From there, pulling the correct amount of timing and then being on the right spark plug. If you ever want to stop by, feel free! I'll show you around.
I have the racetronix harness and pump kit and 30lb/hr injectors. is 600rwhp cutting it close with just the injectors, racetronix pump and harness? if so, it looks like i will either need to add a boost-a-pump or jet the kit for a smaller gain.

Timing - This brings up some other questions and will expose my lack of knowledge with regard to timing. i want optimum performance on and off the bottle. will the LNC-2000 box provide that?

What spark plug would you recommend?
Old 05-14-2015, 02:21 PM
FormerVendor

I have the racetronix harness and pump kit and 30lb/hr injectors. is 600rwhp cutting it close with just the injectors, racetronix pump and harness? if so, it looks like i will either need to add a boost-a-pump or jet the kit for a smaller gain.

Timing - This brings up some other questions and will expose my lack of knowledge with regard to timing. i want optimum performance on and off the bottle. will the LNC-2000 box provide that?

I think you will be around the limits of the pump but I can't really say what that limit will be. The best way to go about it is to work your way up and keep an eye on fuel pressure. As far as injectors go, with a wet kit, they wont be a factor.
The LNC-2000 is awesome for NA and Nitrous performance. You can switch between the two with literally a flip of a switch. It is very popular and I absolutely recommend them.

I'm not exactly sure the details on your setup but I think you will likely land on a B8EFS spark plug.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AJatNitrousOutlet
What intake and throttle body are you using?
For the moment i have a stock tb and the stock ls6 intake
Old 05-14-2015, 04:46 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Do you know what part number your racetronix pump kit is? Then I can tell you exactly what it will support, and what option we need to pursue. The injectors don't factor in on a wet nitrous system, just the fuel line size going from the tank up front, and the flow rating on the fuel pump. The LNC-2000 is a nice unit as mentioned, allows you to pull timing on the fly only when the nitrous system is armed, and is for the most part plug and play.

Normally on a nitrous application, you want to go 1 step cooler on the plug per 100 hp, and you also want to look for a non projected tip if applicable, I, along with everyone else on here mainly use NGK plugs for nitrous LS stuff.

100-200hp- NGK BR7EF
200+- NGK B8EFS
300+- NGK B9EFS

On a super high compression motor this may change my choice of plug, if you were running anything out of norm on compression ratio, I would probably drop down 1 step cooler from what I recommended.

Emailed ya back by the way.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...3#.VVUYNJNyL5U

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20935-...ut-bottle.html

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 05-14-2015, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
I like NX and Nitrous Outlet personally. Just a basic wet kit will be your best bet
I agree ima check them out. What supporting mods should i do
Old 05-14-2015, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you know what part number your racetronix pump kit is? Then I can tell you exactly what it will support, and what option we need to pursue. The injectors don't factor in on a wet nitrous system, just the fuel line size going from the tank up front, and the flow rating on the fuel pump. The LNC-2000 is a nice unit as mentioned, allows you to pull timing on the fly only when the nitrous system is armed, and is for the most part plug and play.

Normally on a nitrous application, you want to go 1 step cooler on the plug per 100 hp, and you also want to look for a non projected tip if applicable, I, along with everyone else on here mainly use NGK plugs for nitrous LS stuff.

100-200hp- NGK BR7EF
200+- NGK B8EFS
300+- NGK B9EFS

On a super high compression motor this may change my choice of plug, if you were running anything out of norm on compression ratio, I would probably drop down 1 step cooler from what I recommended.

Emailed ya back by the way.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...3#.VVUYNJNyL5U

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20935-...ut-bottle.html

Thanks,
Garrett
It should be RFPK-001.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:16 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

It should be RFPK-001.
Do you have any idea what kind of power you are making right now? We have sprayed 200hp on a completely stock LS1, stock fuel system too! That racetronix kit claims to support 600hp based on the flow ratings of the pump.

Thanks,
Garrett

Last edited by NitrousExpress; 05-15-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have any idea what kind of power you are making right now? We have sprayed 200hp on a completely stock LS1, stock fuel system too! That racetronix kit claims to support 600hp based on the flow ratings of the pump.

Thanks,
Garrett
car has not hit the dyno but my guess is about 400rwhp. 34Xci, stock 243 heads, <224 cam, LS6 IM and bolt ons. t56 trans and 10 bolt.

600HP is the number i saw as well.

as mentioned before, looks like I will just have to pill it small at first during tuning, then move up if all is well, then retest and repeat until fuel system/pump becomes an issue. during instances when the fuel system may be an issue, is the FPSS the safety net?
Old 05-15-2015, 10:08 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

car has not hit the dyno but my guess is about 400rwhp. 34Xci, stock 243 heads, <224 cam, LS6 IM and bolt ons.

600HP is the number i saw as well.

as mentioned before, looks like I will just have to pill it small at first during tuning, then move up if all is well, then retest and repeat until fuel system/pump becomes an issue. during instances when the fuel system may be an issue, is the FPSS the safety net?
Yeah thats the best way to go about it. I am going to bet it will support a 200 shot, but I would put one of these in line just in case. Did you get my email?

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/11720-...itch-only.html

Thanks,
Garrett

Quick Reply: nitrous kit for 02SS with torquer 2 cam