Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do i have this right?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default do i have this right?

hello everyone. i just want to make sure im on the right page.... i have a bolt on 02 ws6 with about 137k on it. im going to be running a 150hp wet plate kit. here is my question: can i have the car tuned for full power and use a timing tuner to pull timing when im using the kit?

thanks in advance
Bruce
Old 05-29-2015, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes you can
Old 05-29-2015, 09:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

X2....
Old 05-29-2015, 09:56 PM
Launching!

So i can just set the tuner to activate with the rest of the kit correct? If so i am a happy guy!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Get the LNC-2000. It will only pull timing when the switch is armed and you are at WOT. Otherwise you'll have use of full timing for your n/a setup
Old 05-30-2015, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fastbird02
So i can just set the tuner to activate with the rest of the kit correct? If so i am a happy guy!
that's how mine is set up. Arm the nitrous pulls the timing./
Old 05-30-2015, 08:57 PM
FormerVendor

Default Lnc-2000

Just to clarify, the LNC-2000 does not have a WOT switch built in (or an RPM switch either). Your nitrous controller needs to have one or you have to use a separate WOT switch.

Options for a WOT switch include:
  • an electronic module that connects to the TPS signal on mechanical or electronic throttle vehicles and provides a switched output. Here is an example of that kind of product (LPE CTAP-001).
  • a micro switch on the throttle for mechanical throttle cars. Lots of different microswitches exist.

The orange wire on the LNC-2000 (or LNC-2001 or LNC-2014 depending on vehicle application) is the timing retard activation wire. This can be connected to your nitrous arming switch but then it will be active when ever the arming switch is active. This may cause the vehicle to be a little lazy off the line until the nitrous hits (which can be good or bad depending on the car).

If you connect it after the WOT switch and the arming switch is in-line with the WOT switch then the retard will only be active when both are enabled/on (still doesn't mean the nitrous is actually on though depending on your setup).

Some nitrous controllers have an output wire that can be used to trigger the timing retard when the nitrous is actually on and spraying. This is often the best option if you have it available since then you are sure the timing retard is only active when the nitrous is.

Make sure if you are using a progressive system that you do not connect the retard activation wire to the nitrous solenoid output (that is being PWM controlled by the nitrous controller).

The LNC-2000 instructions have a couple of wiring diagrams showing how to connect the timing retard. A lot of other wiring configurations have also been posted to this forum that should be easy to find with a keyword search.

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Get the LNC-2000. It will only pull timing when the switch is armed and you are at WOT. Otherwise you'll have use of full timing for your n/a setup
Old 06-01-2015, 08:17 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastbird02
hello everyone. i just want to make sure im on the right page.... i have a bolt on 02 ws6 with about 137k on it. im going to be running a 150hp wet plate kit. here is my question: can i have the car tuned for full power and use a timing tuner to pull timing when im using the kit?

thanks in advance
Bruce
Yes. The LNC-2000 is what everyone uses on LS stuff.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...3#.VWxbgUZyL5U

Thanks,
Garrett

Quick Reply: do i have this right?