Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lnc 2000 problem??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lnc 2000 problem??

today when i had my car running with the hood up i noticed my lnc power light wasnt flashing a steady flash like normal. normally its a consistent speed flash, today its not. is this a problem? dont want to kill my motor if this thing is fucked up.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Troubleshooting:
• Intermittent misfire or other erratic vehicle operation.
• Have someone monitor the LED’s on the LNC and note what they are doing when the problem
occurs. Try changing the RPM settings on the LNC. Does the problem still occur and, if so, at
the same RPM?
• Disconnect the activation input and retest (leaving the LNC connected to the coil packs)
• Does the problem still occur?
• If no, the problem is likely coming from the activation input.
• Check for an erratic activation signal or electrical noise on the activation input. Are
you using a microswitch or momentary switch? Bypass this device to confirm that
it isn’t giving you erratic activation signals. Are you using a machanical relay in a
high vibration/acceleration environment? If so, try switching to a solid state relay.
• If yes, disconnect the LNC from the vehicle completely and test again.
• If the problem still occurs, it is not related to the LNC.
• If the problem goes away, re-install the LNC and test the following:
• Re-route the LNC wiring harness away from the spark plug wires and/or ignition
coils.
• Make sure the wires are not run in parallel with electrical wiring including fuel
injector harness wires or nitrous solenoid wires.
• Mount the LNC in a different location.
• If you are using aftermarket spark plug wires, try changing back to the stock
spark plug wires or a different brand of spark plug wires. Make sure you are
using noise suppression spark plug wires.
• If you are using aftermarket/non OEM spark plugs, confirm that they are really a
resistor type plug.
• No power LED on LNC/no vehicle start up
• Try disconnecting everything and plugging it all back in - you may have corroded or loose
connections. Inspect all connectors and wires for damage and wear.
• LNC is active all of the time
• Have someone check the LED’s to see what they do when the LNC activates.
• Make sure that the LNC ground activation wire is not connected to an “always on” ground.
This connection is not a module ground but an activation ground.
• Make sure you don’t have the yellow and green activation wires connected to each other - this
will cause the LNC to always be active.
• Timing retard not working
• NOTE - the timing retard will NOT show up on a scan tool as the ECM or PCM is not aware of
the timing retard.
• Make sure engine RPM is greater than 1000 RPM (timing retard is not active below 1000
RPM)
• Check what the LED’s on the LNC are doing when the timing retard should become active
• Check your timing with a timing light with the retard active and not active
• Check what the LNC thinks the amount of timing retard is using a volt meter on the gray
analog out wire. Does it agree with your settings?
Old 06-16-2015, 06:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Troubleshooting:
• Intermittent misfire or other erratic vehicle operation.
• Have someone monitor the LED’s on the LNC and note what they are doing when the problem
occurs. Try changing the RPM settings on the LNC. Does the problem still occur and, if so, at
the same RPM?
• Disconnect the activation input and retest (leaving the LNC connected to the coil packs)
• Does the problem still occur?
• If no, the problem is likely coming from the activation input.
• Check for an erratic activation signal or electrical noise on the activation input. Are
you using a microswitch or momentary switch? Bypass this device to confirm that
it isn’t giving you erratic activation signals. Are you using a machanical relay in a
high vibration/acceleration environment? If so, try switching to a solid state relay.
• If yes, disconnect the LNC from the vehicle completely and test again.
• If the problem still occurs, it is not related to the LNC.
• If the problem goes away, re-install the LNC and test the following:
• Re-route the LNC wiring harness away from the spark plug wires and/or ignition
coils.
• Make sure the wires are not run in parallel with electrical wiring including fuel
injector harness wires or nitrous solenoid wires.
• Mount the LNC in a different location.
• If you are using aftermarket spark plug wires, try changing back to the stock
spark plug wires or a different brand of spark plug wires. Make sure you are
using noise suppression spark plug wires.
• If you are using aftermarket/non OEM spark plugs, confirm that they are really a
resistor type plug.
• No power LED on LNC/no vehicle start up
• Try disconnecting everything and plugging it all back in - you may have corroded or loose
connections. Inspect all connectors and wires for damage and wear.
• LNC is active all of the time
• Have someone check the LED’s to see what they do when the LNC activates.
• Make sure that the LNC ground activation wire is not connected to an “always on” ground.
This connection is not a module ground but an activation ground.
• Make sure you don’t have the yellow and green activation wires connected to each other - this
will cause the LNC to always be active.
• Timing retard not working
• NOTE - the timing retard will NOT show up on a scan tool as the ECM or PCM is not aware of
the timing retard.
• Make sure engine RPM is greater than 1000 RPM (timing retard is not active below 1000
RPM)
• Check what the LED’s on the LNC are doing when the timing retard should become active
• Check your timing with a timing light with the retard active and not active
• Check what the LNC thinks the amount of timing retard is using a volt meter on the gray
analog out wire. Does it agree with your settings?
That's some good info there, but I didn't notice anything about the power light and erratic flashing. My activation light ( green light ) comes on when it's activated and is a medium speed blink like it should be. My issue is the power light is flashing erratically when running, activation light is all good. Is that a problem?

Last edited by jt_2002_ta; 06-16-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Launching!

it only activates the light over a 1000 rpm i believe. that light shouldnt blink unless u got the 2 step active or its seeing power to pull timing. its a slow blink if u using 1 of the 2. and a fast blink it both are active.

also if any changes r made u have to cycle the power for it to see the changes. such as , if u set the 2 step at 3000 rpm and car is running. then u swich it up to 3500 it wont chance till it loses power. but to see if timing retard is working check the grey wire. its .2 volts for every degree pulled. 5* pulled should be 1volt

also if u hooked the green and yellow wire up to one another with no switch it will be active all the time. just throwing some ideals out. mine dont blink till it pulls timing at 3000 rpms thats when my progressive sends signal to pull the timing. or when im using the 2 step

Last edited by dekan513; 06-16-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not having problems with the activation lights, it's all good. The only issue is the red power light. Key on its solid red, car running it's flashing erratically, not a steady blink.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

well im gonna assume its not a issue, tried calling lingenfelter yesterday and waited on hold my whole lunch break, finally choose a call back and still never heard from em. only thing im getting here is reference to the activation light. and its ok. guess nobody has seen this before
Old 06-19-2015, 02:38 AM
FormerVendor

Default LNC-2000 red LED operation

The red power LED should be flashing at a fixed rate once you are above your RPM set point, regardless of if you have activation triggered. Below that, even with the engine running, it should be a solid red light.

Are you saying it is blinking erratically all the time once the engine is running, even below your RPM set point?

A couple other questions:
  • Was it always like this (ie did the red LED priviously operate per the instructions)?
  • If it is behaving different from before, have you changed anything else on the vehicle (wiring, placement/mounting location in vehicle, extended the harness, spark plugs, spark plug wires etc)?
  • Does the green activation LED still behave the way it should and is the RPM limit operating like it did before?

If it worked before and now doesn't I would see if you can think of anything you changed (spark plugs and spark plug wires or other electronic devices especially) and try putting it back to the previous configuration to see if the problem goes away.

Spark plug wires are a common source of problems for underhood electrical devices. Do you have another set of wires you could test with just to do an A-B test (preferably OEM stock ones)?

You might also want to try disconnecting all the input/output wires (yellow, green, orange, gray) with just the coil pack connectors attached and see if it behaves the same way. If it changes when you do that then you likely have electrical noise entering the system from one of the input/output wires (activation wires and/or data logging wire).

Just in case anyone else needs them, here is a link to the product instructions for the LNC-2000.

Sorry if I asked more questions than I answered.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by jt_2002_ta
today when i had my car running with the hood up i noticed my lnc power light wasnt flashing a steady flash like normal. normally its a consistent speed flash, today its not. is this a problem? dont want to kill my motor if this thing is fucked up.

Quick Reply: lnc 2000 problem??