Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just currious.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just currious.......

Is there really a advantage in different nozzle system as far as distribution. 1/8'' vs 1/16'' nozzle. Yes i know better is prob better. What companies makes some of the best nozzles?
Old 07-30-2015, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I've always been partial to NX, NOS, and Nitrous Outlet, but there are other good ones as well
Old 07-31-2015, 09:33 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the nozzles are going to be almost the same as far as distribution on the smaller shots. The big thing is the jetting for the system where some are a little richer than most on the jetting.

You know who I'd suggest but I guess I'm a little partial.....lol

-Chris
Old 07-31-2015, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Lol thanks
Old 07-31-2015, 02:16 PM
FormerVendor

Here's one of the Nitrous Outlet Extended Reach nozzles vs a competitors nozzle. Notice the placement is designed for optimum distribution directly into the intake path.

Last edited by AJatNitrousOutlet; 07-31-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:55 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by AJatNitrousOutlet
Here's one of the Nitrous Outlet Extended Reach nozzles vs a competitors nozzle. Notice the placement is designed for optimum distribution directly into the intake path.

What is the point of that?

It doesn't distribute any better than a standard nozzle will, and its just more material crammed into the runner, or intake pipe, just to create turbulence and restrict air flow/volume even more.

One of our employee's has been spraying 250hp through our shark nozzle, the "competitor" nozzle in the pic you just posted, for over 2 years now with no issues. We have even placed nozzles right before a 90* bend going into the motor and it still distributes just fine.

The point is to keep the least amount of nozzle protruding into the intake and still achieve optimum distribution, and maintain flow. Who told you to post this statement and Do you have any facts to back it up, or did you just make that up?

-Garrett

Last edited by NitrousExpress; 07-31-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Old 07-31-2015, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lmao. The nitrous section should be renamed to "the days of our lives" forum.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:39 PM
FormerVendor

Garrett, it's a simple comparison in which I did not even mention the company you represent here. There is a science behind it- check out fluid dynamics sometime, it's interesting stuff. It explains fluid and gas movement, and the forces that affect their movement. There's no need to get bent out shape about it- I'm sure that just like everyone else in this forum and others, you have compared our products with yours.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Nice to see some comparison in nozzles.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:42 PM
Banned

Garrett, it's a simple comparison in which I did not even mention the company you represent here. There is a science behind it- check out fluid dynamics sometime, it's interesting stuff. It explains fluid and gas movement, and the forces that affect their movement. There's no need to get bent out shape about it- I'm sure that just like everyone else in this forum and others, you have compared our products with yours.
Ok, I can see how this would work better. The big nozzle protruding in to the pipe will cause more turbulence. Turbulent flow can be useful for causing different fluids to mix together i.e. Nitrous and fuel mixes better which gives better distribution.

If you want to read more about it: http://www.eng.utah.edu/~mcmurtry/Tu...ce/turbobs.pdf
Old 08-03-2015, 08:44 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Redline Performance
Ok, I can see how this would work better. The big nozzle protruding in to the pipe will cause more turbulence. Turbulent flow can be useful for causing different fluids to mix together i.e. Nitrous and fuel mixes better which gives better distribution.

If you want to read more about it: http://www.eng.utah.edu/~mcmurtry/Tu...ce/turbobs.pdf

Sometime I'll do a little demonstration/experiment just to show nozzle placement and how it affects distribution. I've been thinking about doing it for a while, but I think it's about time that I made time to do do it.

Last edited by AJatNitrousOutlet; 08-03-2015 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

We have extended reach nozzles too, and we don't see fit to send them out with every single nozzle system. I just don't think placing the exit point out in the middle of the intake pipe is going to make any bit of difference, and its just taking up more room in the plenum. Still in to see some factual proof or demonstration.

-Garrett
Old 08-05-2015, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

I think it is awesome that we have 2 competitors that come in with tech, showing off product, and even arguing who has the better product.

Quick Reply: Just currious.......