Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water inj. ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 07:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water inj. ?

I have a stand alone and will be using c16 on a healthy shot. A local shop told me I could use water inj. and gain 60-80 more hp while also making the setup safer. What say you nitrous guru's?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Water Methanol injection is great, it is a detonation retard, and allows you to run more timing, which will lead to more power overall. It produces similiar effects to running race fuel, with more of a cooling quench, and its cheaper than race fuel.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/water-...l-systems.html

Here is some of our systems. We have a full line of water methanol products.

-Garrett
Old 08-10-2015, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by stherngent
I have a stand alone and will be using c16 on a healthy shot. A local shop told me I could use water inj. and gain 60-80 more hp while also making the setup safer. What say you nitrous guru's?
Water injection(and yes I mean water not methanol or a mix) on nitrous cars has been around for a while. I think lately there has been a resurgence by companies to sell these water/meth kits to people because they have run out of stuff to sell. A water injection system on a nitrous motor will take an on-the-edge tune up and slow the burn down, allowing you to get a little more out of it. If you're not on the ragged edge with your tune up will you gain much out of water injection? Maybe. You might take it farther than you would have before but it's hard to say where the gains came from(maybe you could have gone just as fast without water?). Give us a little more information on your combination and tune up. What are your plugs looking like?
Old 08-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be interested in hearing a little more about your setup as well. Normally people run either a standalone with race fuel enrichment, or they will set up a water methanol system and tune off that. Most race fuel is leaded (harder on o2's), aside from more expensive unleaded options, and water methanol is not. Either one can work just fine and they both produce similiar effects.

In higher horsepower applications some people run both, and in super high end drag racing, we have seen alot of our racers are getting more longevity out of a race motor, not having to replace rings as much, running cooler, running more timing and in turn, going faster, along with not having to tear down the motor as often.

-Garrett
Old 08-21-2015, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So with w/m injection, you would decrease the size of the fuel jet to compensate for the w/m or do you add it as a safety and run your regular jets? I seem to be running pretty rich sometimes, currently running a 2gph w/m nozzle, 70/30 w/m mixture, and my jets are 56N 24F, dropped the fuel since I was running really rich.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes the methanol is replacing air that could be going into the motor. Be careful trying to lean it out as your wideband is likely reading based on a gas scale and you're running a mix now. The ideal air/fuel ratio on methanol is different than gas.

Quick Reply: Water inj. ?