Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

decided to go the spray route...questions??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default decided to go the spray route...questions??

ok, after having a friend do H/C and blow up 3 days later and another friend with a procharger crack a piston, i've decided to leave my motor alone internally and add some nitrous for a little boost in performance but i've got some questions since i've never actually used it.

1.) how much can i spray in reality??? 60K mile motor...please dont tell me i can get away with a 150 shot....i want to know how much i can spray semi-reliably for awhile...i was thinking of just going with 100 and leaving it at that....opinions???

2.) the stock fuel system (gotta love the 98 fuel system ) and ignition should be able to handle the spray correct??

3.) i'm pretty sure i want to go with a dry shot. id rather have low bottle pressure and lack a little power than deal with manifold backfires and such...opinions???

4.) i dont want to set the car up for nitrous, but rather i'd like to run it the way it is with just a little boost so i'm not looking to switch to a tight nitrous converter....can i spray the Vig 3200 without gearing or durability problems???

5) when i do install the kit, i'd like to go with the following stuff, window switch (i figure on at 3000ish rpm off at 5900 or so) w/ the obvious WOT switch (i dont want to be fumbling with a button), fuel pressure safety switch, bottle heater and purge....missing anything???

6) given traction (i have ET streets if necessary), i was estimating times in the 11.30-11.40 range on a 100 shot...does this sound about right??? ( i would think the car is capable of an 11.90 on motor with ET streets and the Vig)..

sorry for the long post, just trying to get a little info on the whole nitrous issue...thanx.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:35 AM
TECH Junkie

on a dry system, you would be fine with a 100 shot on your motor. for anything higher than 125 i would recommend a wet shot. as far as safety equipment, looks like you have everything covered. for ET, i know a 100 wet shot is good for about 1 second off your ET (with traction of course), so your estimation sounds pretty good (in fact you might be able to run faster than that). good luck!
Old 06-09-2004, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

Old 06-09-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanx
Old 06-09-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

TTT...can anyone give me an answer on the converter thing??? will i blow through a vig 3200?? (keep in mind it true stalls at 3800.)