Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Weeks Left on Street Pro Electric Cutout Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 2 Weeks Left on Street Pro Electric Cutout Sale

From the date of this post till June 27 we are offering the last electric cutout you will ever have to buy at the prices below. This price is near cost and will not be offered again !!

Single 3" OD Street/Strip Regular Price $295 - Now $245 Delivered to your door !

Dual 3" OD Street/Strip Regular Price $560 - Now $460 Delivered to your door !

We will pay the freight anywhere in the continental US via UPS Ground (3 Day). Outside the US may be additional. When submitting the online order form be sure to mention the "LS1Tech Sale" in the comment box to get this introductory price.

To view the product online visit us at Street Pro.us and click on "Products". Also see it installed on the "Customer Photos" page.

Also, we will be at the National HotRod Reunion in Bowling Green, KY June 18-20 as a vendor. If you make it to the show stop by and say hello.

Questions, Comments ? Email us at sales@streetpro.us

Thanks,
Richard
Old 06-11-2004, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Damn, that thing looks sweet. But won't the exhaust try to still go through the normal pipe first, hit the flapper door and back itself up, causing turbulence and back pressure?

Why doesn't someone make a cut out that has a metal door at the point where the exhaust path is cut off so it's a purely smooth ride through the cut out? Basically a 45 degree flapper door
Old 06-11-2004, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Quickin
Damn, that thing looks sweet. But won't the exhaust try to still go through the normal pipe first, hit the flapper door and back itself up, causing turbulence and back pressure?

Why doesn't someone make a cut out that has a metal door at the point where the exhaust path is cut off so it's a purely smooth ride through the cut out? Basically a 45 degree flapper door
Not sure I understand your question completely, but here goes.....
The valve or "flapper" is in the bent section of tube, so the normal flow is the straight piece. When closed, I suppose there may be some turbulence occuring in the area of the "Y" intersection. When the device is in the open position, the gasses will take the least resistant path to the extent it can. Beyond that, some will continue to find its way down the straight tube into the muffler system.
The second part of your question is very interesting. You may want to go online to the US Patent Office and look up patent # 5,452,578. That design is kinda what you're talking about. We considered a take off from that design but canned it for several reasons.
Our goal is to make a quality cutout that is affordable and has a wide application range.
Thanks for looking at our part and giving your feedback,
Richard
Old 06-11-2004, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by streetprous
Not sure I understand your question completely, but here goes.....
The valve or "flapper" is in the bent section of tube, so the normal flow is the straight piece. When closed, I suppose there may be some turbulence occuring in the area of the "Y" intersection. When the device is in the open position, the gasses will take the least resistant path to the extent it can. Beyond that, some will continue to find its way down the straight tube into the muffler system.
The second part of your question is very interesting. You may want to go online to the US Patent Office and look up patent # 5,452,578. That design is kinda what you're talking about. We considered a take off from that design but canned it for several reasons.
Our goal is to make a quality cutout that is affordable and has a wide application range.
Thanks for looking at our part and giving your feedback,
Richard
Well, the hot exhaust gases don't really take the path of least resistance like electricity does, it is taking the only path and being forced to do so. I just wonder how much turbulence is created from the back pressure from the air that is trying to push its way past the now closed valve (open cut-out). The patented cut out you referred to is kind of cheezy really. But if there is some way to make a valve that closes (cut out open) that form fits itself as a wall so the gases flow right out of the cut out and doesn't get backed up anywhere or try to go into a closed off area, it seems that would be the best.
I think I'm going to get one of yours an see how it works out for me.

Looks like a quality piece. Maybe I'll get 2 and put one right after each collector from my LT's, before the Y. Can one switch open both?
Old 06-12-2004, 06:16 AM
On The Tree

Looks like a quality piece. Maybe I'll get 2 and put one right after each collector from my LT's, before the Y. Can one switch open both?
I'd love and sit with you and discuss design Allways looking for a better way to skin the cat.
Yes, in a dual installation you only need 1 switch.

Have a great weekend,
Richard
Old 06-12-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by streetprous
I'd love and sit with you and discuss design Allways looking for a better way to skin the cat.
Yes, in a dual installation you only need 1 switch.

Have a great weekend,
Richard
I'm actually an inventor, I have two design patents and one utility patent on a product thats making allot of money.

I'm always thinking of a better way. I'll think about this one and get back to ya
Old 06-13-2004, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

I'm actually an inventor, I have two design patents and one utility patent on a product thats making allot of money.

I'm always thinking of a better way. I'll think about this one and get back to ya
I wish I could afford to be an inventor.... Let me know if we can help you in any way with a part and if you have a brainstorm on design, send me a PM.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 06-23-2004, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

When this cutout opens what % actually goes through the cutout??
Is it a full 50% or is it more like 30 or 40%?
Old 06-24-2004, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hoserack
When this cutout opens what % actually goes through the cutout??
Is it a full 50% or is it more like 30 or 40%?
I can not say for sure how much exits through the cutout. The % would of course depend on how restrictive the exhaust system is behind the cutout. The exhaust will try to take the least resistant path first. In the systems that I have heard myself, the exhaust "noise" is considerably louder when the device is open. On a street legal exhaust system, I would think at least 90% of the exhaust gas exits out the cutout when open.
Hope that helps,
Richard