Sponsored by:

Low voltage from NOS Window Switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low voltage from NOS Window Switch

Vehicle is a 2001 Corvette M6

Having an issue with my nitrous setup currently. It is a nitrous outlet 78mm plate kit and I am using the LPE LNC-2000 & NOS Stage II Window switch in conjunction with the kit. Everything seems to operate fine with the system. RPMs and TPS are read correctly through window switch and I have tested the solenoids with a 12v source and they fire. I have also checked my relay and it is working condition. However, when I set RPMs to 0 on both the LNC and window switch and try to test the system activation, it will not activate and close the circuit in the relay.

I unplugged the relay and used a multimeter to read the volts that the window switch is sending to the relay and within the window for activation it is only sending 3v not enough to close the circuit. I am at wits end as I have checked everything including all my grounds. The window switch is just not sending a strong enough signal over when it is inside the window. I also am running the window switch red wire directly to the relay so it is not a low gauge wiring issue either.

ANY help is appreciated here. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:38 AM
FormerVendor

The window switch isn't sending a signal to the solenoids, it's simply supplying the ground. Go through and check all of your wiring really well- it sounds like you may have a bad connection somewhere. Let me know if you need any wiring diagrams and I'll sned them over to you-
Old 12-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Teching In

I currently have the arming switch which is wired into the red/white wire of the window switch and orange wire of the lnc going into 86 on the relay and the red wire from the window switch going directly to 85 on the relay. I've checked my connections repeatedly and everything seems to be working except the relay circuit is not closing. What could be causing the issue if all connections are solid?
Old 12-16-2015, 09:51 AM
FormerVendor

Are you using the standard RPM/TPS switch, or the 2 stage mini? PM me your email and I'll send you some diagrams-

Quick Reply: Low voltage from NOS Window Switch